Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - radio listener - 09-03-2023

Fraser is a freelance reporter isn’t he?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Yorksman - 09-03-2023

(09-03-2023, 11:18 PM)radio listener Wrote:  Fraser is a freelance reporter isn’t he?

Yes, I think he is freelance.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Belmont - 10-03-2023

Good to see Tina Gelder presenting, underused in that role over the years

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - JACKLUFC1998 - 10-03-2023

Local news on BBC1 was from BBC London News at 06:25am, but Look North was on as usual at 06:55am. Dave Edwards said on Twitter it was due to the snow, so I’m presuming he couldn’t get into the studio in Leeds in time for the former?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Spencer - 10-03-2023

(09-03-2023, 11:35 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  
(09-03-2023, 11:18 PM)radio listener Wrote:  Fraser is a freelance reporter isn’t he?

Yes, I think he is freelance.

Talking of freelancers, it was nice to see former Look North presenter, Charlotte Leeming, pop up on the national BBC News at One today, reporting live on the wintry weather from West Yorkshire.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 08:19 AM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Local news on BBC1 was from BBC London News at 06:25am, but Look North was on as usual at 06:55am. Dave Edwards said on Twitter it was due to the snow, so I’m presuming he couldn’t get into the studio in Leeds in time for the former?

Or one of the other staff involved in the bulletin

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Eli22 - 10-03-2023

(09-03-2023, 07:01 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  Tina Gelder hosting Calendar tonight with Michael, first time in a long time that she has presented the main programme.

Edit: And Frazer Maude reporting from a snowy Woodhead Pass, so another blast from the past.

Michael and Tina definitely bought some warmth to the program last night.
Tina also presenting again tonight with Ian

(10-03-2023, 02:47 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  
(10-03-2023, 08:19 AM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Local news on BBC1 was from BBC London News at 06:25am, but Look North was on as usual at 06:55am. Dave Edwards said on Twitter it was due to the snow, so I’m presuming he couldn’t get into the studio in Leeds in time for the former?

Or one of the other staff involved in the bulletin
Out of curiosity, how many people would normally be involved in the breakfast bulletins?

Back in the Woodhouse Lane days it seemed like a real skeleton operation with Peter Levy pressing the buttons live on air in the  self-op studio. 

I presume nowadays there are more people involved, given the bulletins are more than just a presenter reading to one camera and a series of slides.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 10-03-2023

I think it's probably fewer with a redistribution of multitasking - towards the end at Woodhouse Lane it was more than just slides, there was VT which required an operator, but now it's just played in off server.

Then

Presenter (self-op)
Director
VT op
Producer

Now - possibly as few as:
Presenter/Producer
Director (operating gallery)

(I'm assuming Peter didn't self-produce but the likes of Clare Frisby did/does.)

(10-03-2023, 06:44 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I think it's probably fewer with a redistribution of multitasking - towards the end at Woodhouse Lane it was more than just slides, there was VT which required an operator, but now it's just played in off server.

Then

Presenter (self-op)
Director
VT op
Producer

Now - possibly as few as:
Presenter/Producer
Director (operating gallery)

(I'm assuming Peter didn't self-produce but the likes of Clare Frisby did/does.)
Back in my travel news days at the AA in the mid 90s, we’d phone and speak to Peter directly on the morning shift with any major travel items. So I’m assuming he was producing too.