Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

harshy - harshy - 21-04-2023

(21-04-2023, 09:37 PM)Spencer Wrote:  
(21-04-2023, 07:43 PM)harshy Wrote:  I think it’s the increased resolution tbh by 324 pixels it’s making edges look sharper, the only visible improvement is the chromakey on the weather which used to be terrible.
I’m talking about a change in the past week or so - not compared to before upscaling to HD began.

Yeah I think it’s still the same as it’s always been.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - harshy - 22-04-2023

Maybe they are piloting in the new studio as they couldn’t play the titles and the headlines were in the wrong order, a few little errors creeping in.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Yorksman - 24-04-2023

Amy doing the lunchtime news today on Look North, it's been a long time that happened.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Andrew - 24-04-2023

Some funny banter on Look North Hull tonight with Paul accidentally dropping an innuendo which had everyone laughing, as well as him name checking his counterpart on BBC Newsline

harshy - harshy - 25-04-2023

Maybe I dreamt it but I just saw a down the line from Leeds for Newsnight, potentially from the new studio? It had a night backdrop of Leeds with the frosted graphics and it was in HD.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - London Lite - 25-04-2023

(25-04-2023, 11:27 PM)harshy Wrote:  Maybe I dreamt it but I just saw a down the line from Leeds for Newsnight, potentially from the new studio? It had a night backdrop of Leeds with the frosted graphics and it was in HD.

It may well be an existing DTL point that is HD, which isn't controlled by the Leeds gallery. Southampton had a HD DTL camera set up well before there was a HD upgrade to the main studio.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Spencer - 26-04-2023

It’s definitely a CSO setup, and the background has the old style frosted globe rings, so unlikely anything to do with the new set and Studio B style graphics…

[Image: EAFF1B85-C9C8-4DD7-AD9B-E0198921AB82.jpeg]

Looking at the way it’s lit though, I’d put money on that being the weather CSO broom cupboard - plus I don’t think there’s another CSO point at BBC Leeds AFAIK. So more evidence that there’s an HD upgrade going on in Leeds?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - krs55 - 26-04-2023

The CSO 'broom cupboards' in the Regions can do HD DTLs (or UTLs!), using a Dirac coder to send compressed HD over SD circuits. So, I'm afraid that doesn't necessarily mean that Leeds are about to go proper HD.

harshy - harshy - 26-04-2023

(26-04-2023, 01:01 PM)krs55 Wrote:  The CSO 'broom cupboards' in the Regions can do HD DTLs (or UTLs!), using a Dirac coder to send compressed HD over SD circuits. So, I'm afraid that doesn't necessarily mean that Leeds are about to go proper HD.

Silly question so why cant they send an entire programme using this codec over sd circuit?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - JACKLUFC1998 - 27-04-2023

Just thinking when did Owain Wyn Evans join Look North (from either Wales Today or S4C I think?), I know he left in 2019 but when I ask Google all I get is results about him joining North West Tonight?