Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: harshy - Steve in Pudsey - 27-04-2023

(26-04-2023, 09:47 PM)harshy Wrote:  
(26-04-2023, 01:01 PM)krs55 Wrote:  The CSO 'broom cupboards' in the Regions can do HD DTLs (or UTLs!), using a Dirac coder to send compressed HD over SD circuits. So, I'm afraid that doesn't necessarily mean that Leeds are about to go proper HD.

Silly question so why cant they send an entire programme using this codec over sd circuit?
Upgrading one camera and a basic vision mixer or DVE to HD for a self contained DTL/weather facility is very much simpler than upgrading the whole studio to originate HD.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - krs55 - 27-04-2023

(27-04-2023, 01:41 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  
(26-04-2023, 09:47 PM)harshy Wrote:  Silly question so why cant they send an entire programme using this codec over sd circuit?
Upgrading one camera and a basic vision mixer or DVE to HD for a self contained DTL/weather facility is very much simpler than upgrading the whole studio to originate HD.
Yes, the main studio and Apps Room infrastructure (vision mixer, video router/matrix, distribution amplifiers (VDAs etc) is still SD at a number of sites, so it's only the broom cupboards that can send proper HD. They're probably 8 or 9 years old, rather than over 20 years old.

The video circuits are HD these days, and the SD studios are upscaled before going off to Transmission.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Spencer - 28-04-2023

I notice it’s still the case that choosing ‘Watch from Start’ on Sky Q on BBC One Yorks HD launches the North East & Cumbria stream on the iPlayer app.

So if you try to restart Look North from Leeds, you get the Carol Malia show from Newcastle.

It’s been the case since BBC One Yorks HD launched. Surprised it’s not been sorted yet.

harshy - harshy - 29-04-2023

(28-04-2023, 09:36 PM)Spencer Wrote:  I notice it’s still the case that choosing ‘Watch from Start’ on Sky Q on BBC One Yorks HD launches the North East & Cumbria stream on the iPlayer app.

So if you try to restart Look North from Leeds, you get the Carol Malia show from Newcastle.

It’s been the case since BBC One Yorks HD launched. Surprised it’s not been sorted yet.

Maybe the app is clever and realises the only real HD service with the look north name is Newcastle so shows that instead  Smile

RE: harshy - Spencer - 29-04-2023

(29-04-2023, 08:10 AM)harshy Wrote:  
(28-04-2023, 09:36 PM)Spencer Wrote:  I notice it’s still the case that choosing ‘Watch from Start’ on Sky Q on BBC One Yorks HD launches the North East & Cumbria stream on the iPlayer app.

Maybe the app is clever and realises the only real HD service with the look north name is Newcastle so shows that instead  Smile
Well it’s not clever enough to give Look Levy the same treatment. Wink

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Andrew - 30-04-2023

With the strike action being suspended I presume this means Tom Ingall will stop presenting the programme on a Friday now

Shame Amy didn’t have any booked holiday during this period to see what they would have done then

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Kendal87 - 30-04-2023

That is a shame. I like his presentation style and the cheeky wink at the end!

harshy - harshy - 30-04-2023

(30-04-2023, 12:04 PM)Kendal87 Wrote:  That is a shame. I like his presentation style and the cheeky wink at the end!

Whilst some people find that creepy I don’t mind it though.

Next week must be the last week for this temp set.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Kendal87 - 30-04-2023

I was thinking they would launch the new set on Tuesday?

harshy - harshy - 30-04-2023

(30-04-2023, 01:31 PM)Kendal87 Wrote:  I was thinking they would launch the new set on Tuesday?

Clean Feed said May and it will be May come Tuesday so yeah possibly and maybe a miracle might be in HD.