Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Former Member 406 - 30-04-2023

I'm intrigued that Nottingham and Birmingham were decamped for 12 and 13 weeks respectively, but Hull was only decamped for 6 weeks. And I'm sure that when Leeds first decamped, something along the lines of "a couple of months" was stated as the expected timescale - thus indicating a similar turnaround to Hull.

I wonder how much of this approximate halving of the decamping period is down to the LED set installation teams (who are presumably touring the regions) having perfected what they're doing since the first couple of regions (and therefore have sped up), and/or how much of it is down to differences in whatever else needs doing at each regional studio site.

For example... maybe various technical upgrades etc were needed at Nott'm and Brum, which may have meant things like a longer gap with the studio standing empty between striking their old sets and starting to build the new LED ones, and that there is less/none of this required at Hull & Leeds.

What I'm getting at is that I don't necessarily assume that all remaining regions will now have shorter decamp periods like Hull & Leeds, and that we may yet see some of the regions need to be decamped for longer periods like Nott'm & Brum dependant on what needs doing at each site.

This makes it impossible to guess how long it will take for the LED set roll-out to reach every region. By the end of this year? By next spring? Who knows...

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Earlie37 - 30-04-2023

I know one region is currently not scheduled to have the new set until September. Therefore, I would say that people shouldn't set their expectations too high and assume that the remaining regions will be upgraded at a rapid pace.

It did look like two teams were working in tandem at the beginning of the roll-out. Whether this is still the case or if it's down to one team now, I'm not sure.

Scotland's looks like it was completed weeks ago so surely they are now just rehearsing (therefore unlikely to have a team there anymore)? We know one team must now be in the South East. So it does raise the question whether there's still a team at Leeds or if that team has now gone to the South East.

And as for the Channel Islands - aren't they still in their temporary set? Feels like they've been out for a long while now.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - JACKLUFC1998 - 30-04-2023

Well, we shall wait and see if they reveal anything on Tuesday, I did try tweeting Amy Garcia a few weeks back to see if she knew when the new set would debut but I didn't get a reply

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - JACKLUFC1998 - 30-04-2023

(30-04-2023, 02:28 PM)Earlie37 Wrote:  I know one region is currently not scheduled to have the new set until September. Therefore, I would say that people shouldn't set their expectations too high and assume that the remaining regions will be upgraded at a rapid pace.

It did look like two teams were working in tandem at the beginning of the roll-out. Whether this is still the case or if it's down to one team now, I'm not sure.

Scotland's looks like it was completed weeks ago so surely they are now just rehearsing (therefore unlikely to have a team there anymore)? We know one team must now be in the South East. So it does raise the question whether there's still a team at Leeds or if that team has now gone to the South East.

And as for the Channel Islands - aren't they still in their temporary set? Feels like they've been out for a long while now.

And which region isn't due until September?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - London Lite - 30-04-2023

(30-04-2023, 02:36 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  
(30-04-2023, 02:28 PM)Earlie37 Wrote:  I know one region is currently not scheduled to have the new set until September. Therefore, I would say that people shouldn't set their expectations too high and assume that the remaining regions will be upgraded at a rapid pace.

And which region isn't due until September?

Don't assume he can tell you. Insiders may not be allowed to tell us because of obligations to their employer.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - UTVLifer - 30-04-2023

The number of regions left once SET, RepScot, CI and Look Leeds have all got their new sets is just 6 (with Wales then either probably not getting any changes or is at the very bottom of the pecking order due to how new it's current set is)

For those interested - Norwich (Look East), Bristol (Points West), Plymouth (Spotlight), Southampton (South Today), Salford (NWT) and Newcastle (Look North)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - London Lite - 01-05-2023

I would have thought out of those six studios, it'll be Norwich and Bristol that will get the sets as the others have either had HD upgrades recently or have been HD equipped for a long period.

Norwich especially is desperate for a set and HD upgrade.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Superman1986 - 01-05-2023

A new face presenting tonight’s BBC Look North Leeds. But they didn’t give him a name Aston

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Spencer - 01-05-2023

It was funny seeing a fair bit of Look North Newcastle a couple of weeks ago whilst having a little break in Northumberland.

The old rectangular N6 style set with the desk in the corner is a much better match for NBH Studio B than the newer curvier sets.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Andrew - 01-05-2023

(01-05-2023, 07:51 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  A new face presenting tonight’s BBC Look North Leeds. But they didn’t give him a name Aston

It was Mark Ansell

They hardly ever put name captions up on Look North Leeds