Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - harshy - 09-05-2023

Same SD gallery but now powering this new studio ?

All good though impressive studio even if it’s SD.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - JACKLUFC1998 - 09-05-2023

(09-05-2023, 07:49 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  I wonder if it will be a night backdrop of Leeds for the late Look North?

Seems like I was right!

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Former Member 406 - 10-05-2023

The three English Regions that debuted their LED sets before Leeds, did so with little or no direct/overt acknowledgement of the new set by the on-air presenters.

Leeds has made a comparative "song-and-dance" about its shiny new set.

I have previously speculated that the low-key launches may have been (at least in part) a pre-emptive strike against possible negative public/press perception over expensive fancy new sets being installed against the backdrop of cutbacks and redundancies.

Whatever the reason(s) for the previous low-key launches, I wonder either (A) What's changed and/or (B) What's different in Leeds' case compared to Nott'm/Brum/Hull?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - harshy - 10-05-2023

Well Leeds barely gets any upgrades and when they are, they are not very good ones, this one is by far the best one, what’s amusing is even they don’t know what HD is, they keep proclaiming they are in HD when we know it’s not.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Spencer - 10-05-2023

This morning’s Breakfast bulletins were presented from the tower screen (or should that be ‘turret screen’?)

I think this is the first time Look North Breakfast bulletins have been presented from a standing position.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Mike - 10-05-2023

(09-05-2023, 07:01 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(09-05-2023, 06:56 PM)harshy Wrote:  Have they gone back to the Thomson cameras it was Sony ones in the temp set
Perhaps if the Sony cameras are superior, they travel around with the temporary set.  It does seem a shame to spend money on the NBH-B style set and not finish the job to get the full effect.

I don't think the cameras travel around with the set, pretty much all the existing apps are used while the refit takes place. Looking at the above twitter there are new Sony cameras there, I suggest the Leeds apps room is pending an upgrade to make it HD.

As an aside, you can see the height differences that were mentioned; Leeds has a low grid height, and the monolith is smaller - also the 3 walls at the back seem smaller and things seem closer together - not by much as we've established there's not much in it across the 'Project England' regions and their studio space, I honestly think the Mailbox was served well by the fact the newsroom view necessitated a large window overlooking the office - had that not been implemented then it too would lack height.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - MFTJA - 10-05-2023

(10-05-2023, 07:26 AM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  The three English Regions that debuted their LED sets before Leeds, did so with little or no direct/overt acknowledgement of the new set by the on-air presenters.

Whatever the reason(s) for the previous low-key launches, I wonder either (A) What's changed and/or (B) What's different in Leeds' case compared to Nott'm/Brum/Hull?
I suspect it's largely down to the presenter and/or how much time they have in the programme. Some presenters (i.e. Amy) seem to care about the new set, while others probably aren't as interested. 

Tuesday's Look North didn't seem particularly 'jam packed' full of news, as a result there was quite a lot of time to talk about/make references to the new set. If a significant event had taken place, I imagine much less of a fuss would've been made over the new set.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - DTV - 10-05-2023

(10-05-2023, 07:26 AM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  I have previously speculated that the low-key launches may have been (at least in part) a pre-emptive strike against possible negative public/press perception over expensive fancy new sets being installed against the backdrop of cutbacks and redundancies.

I suspect any variation is more to do with having a dozen or so different editorial teams than central diktat - some regions have always been much more 'open' in referring to their rebrands or set changes than others, just as some will stick to standardised graphics, etc. for years, while others struggle to go three years without changing things up.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 10-05-2023

The tower looks a lot better tonight

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Andrew - 10-05-2023

Two things that regions seem to get with the new set - a different bit of closing music, and an iPlayer image for the 6:30 programme showing the presenter stood next to the tower.