Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - steve - 28-06-2023

(28-06-2023, 06:49 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Just thinking with Mike McCarthy talking to Clare Frisby on today's Look North (Leeds) bulletins, did both him and Clare used to host together when he was at Look North? Also with Clare being in Sheffield as well, who hosted this morning's Breakfast bulletins - would it have been Tom Ingall?

Yes, from memory Clare replaced Sophie which was before Harry returned to replace Mike so they’ll have presented together.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 29-06-2023

That's surely the first "Clare Frisby Reporting" Aston on the 6.30 Look North for decades?

Clare was introduced as "Mike's friend and former colleague" by Tom Ingall on the lunchtime edition, but there was no mention of him being a former Look North presenter at 6.30.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Yorksman - 03-07-2023

You just knew Calendar would wheel out Dickie Bird to talk about the Cricket drama.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Humphrey Hacker - 03-07-2023

(03-07-2023, 06:28 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  You just knew Calendar would wheel out Dickie Bird to talk about the Cricket drama.

And why not?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Johnr - 03-07-2023

It only just occured to me today that it was just over a year ago now since Harry Gration passed away, doesn't feel like that long at all

The main reason it popped up in my head was because true to their word Transdev have still retained his announcements on the 36 bus!

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Yorksman - 04-07-2023

(03-07-2023, 11:38 PM)Johnr Wrote:  It only just occured to me today that it was just over a year ago now since Harry Gration passed away, doesn't feel like that long at all

The main reason it popped up in my head was because true to their word Transdev have still retained his announcements on the 36 bus!

Harry was one of the Yorkshire greats in my opinion and good on Transdev for keeping his voice on the buses.

Also, last week marked 18 years since Richard Whiteley died, which is remarkable as it feels like only yesterday.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 04-07-2023

I gather that Christa Ackroyd wrote something in her Yorkshire Post column about both anniversaries

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Spencer - 05-07-2023

I’m guessing Paul Hudson hadn’t realised that today’s lunchtime Look North was 10 minutes earlier than normal and had to run to the studio, as he was completely out of breath for his forecast.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Kendal87 - 05-07-2023

I hope he is ok? Certainly not comfortable watching. Thank goodness Clare just wrapped it up early.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Spencer - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 01:32 PM)Kendal87 Wrote:  I hope he is ok? Certainly not comfortable watching. Thank goodness Clare just wrapped it up early.

Thinking about it, the NHS montage was clearly meant to close the programme as it had the BBC Yorkshire copyright at the end of it. So it looks like they had to go to that early as presumably Paul wasn’t there.