Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Andrew - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 01:32 PM)Kendal87 Wrote:  I hope he is ok? Certainly not comfortable watching. Thank goodness Clare just wrapped it up early.

He was back on usual form at teatime including exchanging insults with Peter Levy on the Hull programme so it does to me seem like he was caught out by the early start

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Andrew - 11-07-2023

Calendar is live from the Great Yorkshire Show tonight, with Ian, Lara and Kerrie

I presume it was a pan regional edition.

There was even a bespoke continuity announcement at the start referencing the fact

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 11-07-2023

And Look North with Amy and Paul

I always think that on this day every year, there should be a joint edition of Look North with Amy Garcia and Peter Levy as surely viewers in East Yorkshire are missing out.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Kendal87 - 11-07-2023

(11-07-2023, 06:44 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I always think that on this day every year, there should be a joint edition of  Look North with Amy Garcia and Peter Levy as surely viewers in East Yorkshire are missing out.

Great idea! It would be giggles galore with them.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - London Lite - 11-07-2023

That explains why Kat did a weather pre-rec for Hull at lunchtime.

That round up of the days other news was a bit awkward (I’m sure we said this last year)

Amy quickly read 3 stories off her cards, so brief it wouldn’t have harmed if they’d dropped the ‘other news’ section entirely. Reading out a story about someone being in court accused of sexual offences in front of a crowd of little kids isn’t ideal.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Kendal87 - 11-07-2023

(11-07-2023, 06:52 PM)Andrew Wrote:  That round up of the days other news was a bit awkward (I’m sure we said this last year)

Amy quickly read 3 stories off her cards, so brief it wouldn’t have harmed if they’d dropped the ‘other news’ section entirely. Reading out a story about someone being in court accused of sexual offences in front of a crowd of little kids isn’t ideal.

Surely there is someone sitting back in the studio in case the link goes down? No idea why they can’t utilise them. It was always Ian back in the studio years ago.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 11-07-2023

Didn't Yorkshire and Tyne Tees do a joint programme back in the day?

I would go further, and rather than have this Amy vs Paul pole climbing challenge, build on that one-off a few years ago when Harry and Christine co-presented both programmes, it would be nice to have some kind of Look North vs Calendar challenge feature that could be shown on both programmes.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - eyeTV - 11-07-2023

(11-07-2023, 06:44 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I always think that on this day every year, there should be a joint edition of  Look North with Amy Garcia and Peter Levy as surely viewers in East Yorkshire are missing out.

There was no programme from the Lincs Show this year on Look North so no doubt any airing of the Yorks Show would create a backlash.