Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - JACKLUFC1998 - 11-07-2023

(11-07-2023, 09:19 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  There was no programme from the Lincs Show this year on Look North so no doubt any airing of the Yorks Show would create a backlash.

Does Look North (Newcastle) ever cover the Yorkshire show

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Yorksman - 11-07-2023

Did Look Levy have any coverage from the GYS?

I think it would be great if we had Calendar and Look North coming together at the Great Yorkshire Show.

Good coverage tonight from both programs (although I think they should have handed back to the studio on Look North for the other news).

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Andrew - 11-07-2023

(11-07-2023, 10:10 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Does Look North (Newcastle) ever cover the Yorkshire show

There was a story about it on Look North Newcastle tonight (a more serious story amount farming rather than the fun of the show)

Over in Hull, due to Paul being at the GYS there was a very rare appearance from Katerina on the banter weather slot with ‘Pete’ Levy as she kept calling him

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Spencer - 13-07-2023

Something I’ve noticed at the end of the Ten when they throw to the nations and regions, very often (although not always) on the Studio B Celebrity Squares wall of regional presenters, the Leeds presenter is pictured seated on the sofa, but as soon as it cuts to them we see them stood by the tower screen, and after the titles they continue to deliver the first story from there.

So I’m wondering what’s going on. Are they feeding a recording to London for the video wall? And if so, why bother? Or is, as seems more likely, the beginning of the programme and intro to the first story pre-recorded, which I thought was against the BBC’s rules?

I’ve never noticed this at the end of the One, and I rarely get to see the end of the Six these days, so no idea if it happens then.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Andrew - 13-07-2023

Has the work to rule ended as Keeley Donovan presented the main programme tonight

First time in ages that anyone other than Tom Ingall has filled in on the programme

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - London Lite - 13-07-2023

If you've never watched a Peter Levy and Paul Hudson light chat before the weather before on the Hull bulletin, this is wonderful.

https://twitter.com/looknorthBBC/status/1679566674775752704 

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Johnr - 14-07-2023

The best part was after the forecast when one viewer commented the tumble dryer had lasted longer than the husband!

Plus Peter actually physically bringing his Sony radio from 1980 in to the studio just to prove he wasn't lying!

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 14-07-2023

(13-07-2023, 10:22 AM)Spencer Wrote:  So I’m wondering what’s going on. Are they feeding a recording to London for the video wall? And if so, why bother? Or is, as seems more likely, the beginning of the programme and intro to the first story pre-recorded, which I thought was against the BBC’s rules?

I’ve never noticed this at the end of the One, and I rarely get to see the end of the Six these days, so no idea if it happens then.

I don't think there has ever been a rule about not pre-recording the headlines, it used to be a very common practice, particularly when the inserts for each story were on physical tape.

Recording a whole bulletin would fall foul of the rules but the headlines is fine.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Spencer - 14-07-2023

(14-07-2023, 01:20 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I don't think there has ever been a rule about not pre-recording the headlines, it used to be a very common practice, particularly when the inserts for each story were on physical tape.

Recording a whole bulletin would fall foul of the rules but the headlines is fine.
I know they used to record headlines, and maybe still do. But there aren’t headlines at this point – just a simple ‘Thank you, and welcome to Look North’ before the titles. It would seem that they’re possibly recording this and the intro to the first report from the tower screen.

Whether they’re supposed to do that or not, it doesn’t seem an especially complex sequence. So I don’t see why they’d need to pre-record it.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 14-07-2023

Interesting, yeah that doesn't make sense