Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - JACKLUFC1998 - 24-08-2023

(24-08-2023, 09:54 PM)Andrew Wrote:  You obviously didn’t listen clearly enough to Phil and Keeley announcing the news

Yeah tbh I only caught the end of Look North as I was waiting for EastEnders to start

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - London Lite - 27-08-2023

I don't know where Katerina Christodoulou was producing her bulletins, but the NE&C bulletin was in native HD rather than upscaled usually from the Leeds weather studio.

I know she also covers shifts for the London weather hub, however Sara Thornton was on BBC London/Look East/South East Today.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - m_in_m - 28-08-2023

(27-08-2023, 10:51 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I don't know where Katerina Christodoulou was producing her bulletins, but the NE&C bulletin was in native HD rather than upscaled usually from the Leeds weather studio.

I know she also covers shifts for the London weather hub, however Sara Thornton was on BBC London/Look East/South East Today.

The giveaway can often be the clicker used. The regular London hub often have no clicker for Breakfast and weekend hub forecasts suggesting they continue to work from home. When others cover like Katerina they often have the London long thin clicker that I haven't seen elsewhere. Most regions have what looks a bit like a car key.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - JACKLUFC1998 - 28-08-2023

Paul Mooney doing the weather on Look North Leeds (not sure about Look North Hull) today, I'm assuming this is from the Look North Newcastle studio?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - London Lite - 28-08-2023

This evening, it's Paul Mooney from Newcastle covering the two Yorkshire regions for weather tonight.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Yorksman - 28-08-2023

Paul Mooney only appears once a year and it seems tonight was that said appearance.

Although, he might reappear at Christmas as well.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 29-08-2023

Presumably Mr Hudson is on paternity leave so there's a gap to be filled

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - London Lite - 29-08-2023

Presumably Keeley will have to step up as the senior forecaster while Paul is on paternity leave?

But they also have Abbie and Katerina who could step up to cover the evening shift.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 29-08-2023

Now add the work to rule into that scenario

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Andrew - 29-08-2023

It’s not unusual for Paul Mooney to pop up on a bank holiday and at Christmas a couple of times a year so I’m not sure any of the above has anything to do with it

Keeley did the main weather shift all the last week, I don’t think the work to rule affects weather