Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - steve - 29-08-2023

(29-08-2023, 04:19 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Now add the work to rule into that scenario

I can't work out the 'work to rule' situation - we seem to get bursts of the regular presenters covering for Amy (Phil and Amanda last week) but then unknown names for the region at other times. I don't think anything has changed in the mandate for industrial action, so not sure why.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - all new phil - 29-08-2023

(29-08-2023, 10:37 AM)steve Wrote:  I can't work out the 'work to rule' situation - we seem to get bursts of the regular presenters covering for Amy (Phil and Amanda last week) but then unknown names for the region at other times. I don't think anything has changed in the mandate for industrial action, so not sure why.

Depends on what the rule they’re working to is. They may have x number of 6.30 programmes in their contracts, or a specific number of hours they have to do. They’ll have built in a split of contractual v overtime into how they operate, much like many businesses do to allow flex for holiday cover, unplanned absences etc. Freelancers will cover anything over and above that.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - London Lite - 29-08-2023

It's been similar in London. We had freelancers galore up until after Wimbledon, then suddenly correspondents were once again covering for the senior presenters.

I suspect Work to Rule will once again become more visual in September once the school summer holidays end at the weekend.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - lookoutwales - 29-08-2023

Must admit, I was taken aback when Charlotte Leeming popped up to front Look North from Newcastle a couple of months ago (assuming it was tied in with the work-to-rule)

Bit surprising she hasn't turned up on the Leeds edition, either (though she has taken up freelance stints as a North of England reporter for network news)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - JACKLUFC1998 - 07-09-2023

(29-08-2023, 05:45 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Must admit, I was taken aback when Charlotte Leeming popped up to front Look North from Newcastle a couple of months ago (assuming it was tied in with the work-to-rule)

Bit surprising she hasn't turned up on the Leeds edition, either (though she has taken up freelance stints as a North of England reporter for network news)

According to someone in the North East News thread, she hasn't hosted the Leeds edition of Look North since 2020. Speaking of the Leeds edition, I wonder how long will it be until when it finally is in HD?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - lookoutwales - 08-09-2023

(07-09-2023, 09:05 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  According to someone in the North East News thread, she hasn't hosted the Leeds edition of Look North since 2020.

Yeah, I was aware of that already.

She had also previously hinted on social media about turning down freelance shifts since leaving BBC Yorkshire, hence her Newcastle stint was a bit of a surprise - and amid a work-to-rule at that.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Yorksman - 09-09-2023

On Look North, Lisa Gallagher made a return as she did the weather forecast tonight.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 09-09-2023

She has popped up a few times over the summer holiday period.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Yorksman - 09-09-2023

(09-09-2023, 06:00 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  She has popped up a few times over the summer holiday period.

That makes sense with Paul on paternity leave and general holiday cover from the other presenters.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Kendal87 - 09-09-2023

(09-09-2023, 05:58 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  On Look North, Lisa Gallagher made a return as she did the weather forecast tonight.

It would be nice if she could pop up with Peter again! Doubtful I know.