Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Andrew - 10-09-2023

(09-09-2023, 06:00 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  She has popped up a few times over the summer holiday period.
Particularly on the early shift including the local radio weekend breakfast shift

Saturday teatime Look North weather has actually been a lot of randoms outside of the usual team this summer

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - harshy - 12-09-2023

Todays weather forecast on Look North had tons of moire on the screen it was very distracting I think it’s got worse.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Spencer - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 07:02 PM)harshy Wrote:  Todays weather forecast on Look North had tons of moire on the screen it was very distracting I think it’s got worse.
It seems to vary from one day to the next. Sometimes it’s hardly noticeable, other times it’s awful. I presume it’s to do with the position of the camera relative to the screen. You’d think they’d adjust it beforehand to minimise the effect.

Do other regions with the new style set have them same problems? It seems like rather a major flaw.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - IanJRedman - 12-09-2023

Can we expect it to be better in regions with HD cameras?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Spencer - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 08:39 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Can we expect it to be better in regions with HD cameras?
I believe they’ve been using Sony HD cameras (albeit downscaled) since they were in the temporary set, replacing their old SD Thomson cameras.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - steve - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 07:02 PM)harshy Wrote:  Todays weather forecast on Look North had tons of moire on the screen it was very distracting I think it’s got worse.

It’s funny - I watched it last night (Monday) and thought how good it looked with no moire on the screen.

Why they can’t find the best camera position and stick to it is a bit of a mystery.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 12-09-2023

I wonder if the artefacts are visible on the gallery multiviewer? Do they have a proper racks area these days?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - harshy - 13-09-2023

I think It’s zoomed in too much as the moire is still there.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - krs55 - 13-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 11:22 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I wonder if the artefacts are visible on the gallery multiviewer? Do they have a proper racks area these days?

The Lighting/Vision position in the gallery will have a dedicated monitor. There's no separate Lighting/Vision Gallery in regional News these days, if that's what you mean.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Yorksman - 16-09-2023

A surprise presenter of Calendar tonight, none other than Wesley Smith.