Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - JACKLUFC1998 - 07-11-2023

(07-11-2023, 12:52 AM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Has Chris Fawkes ever presented an actual Calendar bulletin before tonight?

Chris Dawkes sorry

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - agemame - 08-11-2023

Once, fairly recently and again with Ian as I recall. I guess he's the designated cover in such situations, being more heaviliy based in the newsroom than many of the rest of the team.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Andrew - 14-11-2023

Calendar North has been broadcasting with no sound for about 5 minutes

They’ve now abandoned the broadcast and crashed into the South programme which does have sound

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Andrew - 14-11-2023

Later on I’m not entirely sure what happened as I wasn’t watching closely, but it seems they had to abandon a report that was airing and fill with a second filler chat with Kerrie

The lesser seen ‘gallery’ backdrop was put up for the bit where everyone was watching the South programme rather than the usual Humber Bridge view

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - agemame - 14-11-2023

What was interesting as well is during the mute Calendar North, subtitles didn't show either. Would they be being done live from the broadcast, that seems unlikely.

The second abandoned report started with Pathe footage, and it seems instead of airing the edited package, they ran the original newsreel clip in near totality.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Technologist - 14-11-2023

(14-11-2023, 08:02 PM)agemame Wrote:  What was interesting as well is during the mute Calendar North, subtitles didn't show either. Would they be being done live from the broadcast, that seems unlikely.
Subtitles are done using the studio output sound …….
Let’s assume that it is taken at the input to code and mux ,
And the OC47 (teletext) can be reinserted at that point on the region output
If the subtitler is near C&M site and its connectivity …. Is easy
If the are remote like at home it just needs a fast codec like Apt-X …
In the good old days of analogue that was noticeably faster as 4ms than the NICAM 16 or 32ms
Which was the back up,!

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - JACKLUFC1998 - 15-11-2023

Just thinking regarding Calendar's sports coverage, does Calendar South cover all the South Yorkshire football teams and Mansfield Town just as Calendar North coverage, or is it just the two Sheffield clubs, Chesterfield and Mansfield that they cover along with the teams from East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - harshy - 18-11-2023

I’d like like to think look north Leeds is using Sony cameras but compared to Hull for example the picture quality out of Leeds still looks ropey, Points West looks the business despite it being upscaled, so that’s what I am comparing too.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 18-11-2023

You're comparing apples and oranges through, Bristol has a proper full height lighting grid and a decent amount of floor space.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - JACKLUFC1998 - 18-11-2023

Where did Look North (Hull) come from for CiN last night? As Look North (Leeds) came from York for it.