Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Andrew - 22-12-2022

Quite amusingly at the start of tonight’s programme Jo Makel told viewers to not ‘adjust your set’ confirming they were on the correct programme it was still Look North!

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - harshy - 24-12-2022

I think Look North Leeds will have to make some major changes when it moves to HD it’s full of scrapes, gaffer tape and even the tiny desk is full of scrapes, that could explain why they light it dimly at times.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - steve - 24-12-2022

(24-12-2022, 10:08 AM)harshy Wrote:  I think Look North Leeds will have to make some major changes when it moves to HD it’s full of scrapes, gaffer tape and even the tiny desk is full of scrapes, that could explain why they light it dimly at times.

It definitely needs an overhaul, even though it’s probably got one of the newer sets of all the regions (if you can call just video walls a ‘set’). I think Leeds is one of those that’ll never look brilliant though simply as it’s such a low ceiling and fairly small. It’s also currently an illustration of why a set purely made of screens in a space where you can’t light it appropriately doesn’t work - it’s always washed out. Hopefully the new set, whenever it comes, addresses some of these.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - MFTJA - 24-12-2022

I certainly agree with others that the Leeds set could do with an overhaul. Does anyone know what type of screens are used in it?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Yorksman - 28-12-2022

Just watching Look North Leeds this lunchtime and the camera they use for studio based weather looks washed out (or is it just me?).

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - London Lite - 28-12-2022

(28-12-2022, 02:27 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  Just watching Look North Leeds this lunchtime and the camera they use for studio based weather looks washed out (or is it just me?).

It looked out of focus as well. I'm not expecting to be able to read the place names on the map as if I'm watching in HD, but it did look bad today.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Spencer - 28-12-2022

The state of the Leeds cameras has been shocking for ages. Surely they must be high on the list for an HD upgrade.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - London Lite - 29-12-2022

Leeds resorted to the green screen in the weather studio for the evening and late bulletins.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - London Lite - 29-12-2022

The camera used for the studio based weather forecasts is back to normal as shown during Breakfast.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Yorksman - 02-01-2023

A Christmas/New Year tradition on Look North today - the annual appearance of Paul Mooney doing the weather.