Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Rolling News - 23-04-2024

(23-04-2024, 10:12 PM)GMc Wrote:  I can definitely make out "Marti"...

It’s typical that that one has to be the most obscure.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - interestednovice - 23-04-2024

I immediately noticed “BBC one” which, somewhat irrationally, annoyed me as a pres geek who likes attention to detail.

Personally, I’d also find the awkward spacing more difficult to read.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Andrew - 24-04-2024

(23-04-2024, 09:37 PM)Spencer Wrote:  It would appear Radio Leeds’ Rima Ahmed is to be the voice of the BBC One Yorkshire announcements into the news…

I wonder why they are replacing the current ones with what look like identical copies?

That job must take ages, you’ve got all the ones you see there, plus Maryam, Mishal, Sophie, Reeta, Tina all x3 for the One, Six & Ten

And then after those 36 combinations, you have to do the same again for Amanda, Phil, Keeley, Tom, Clare, Dave, Corinne Wheatley, Hannah Grey, Mark Ansell

That’s up to 360 different announcements, assuming you factored in that the Six could be presented by Anna Foster and Hannah Grey one day

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - JACKLUFC1998 - 24-04-2024

(24-04-2024, 12:31 AM)Andrew Wrote:  I wonder why they are replacing the current ones with what look like identical copies?

That job must take ages, you’ve got all the ones you see there, plus Maryam, Mishal, Sophie, Reeta, Tina all x3 for the One, Six & Ten

And then after those 36 combinations, you have to do the same again for Amanda, Phil, Keeley, Tom, Clare, Dave, Corinne Wheatley, Hannah Grey, Mark Ansell

That’s up to 360 different announcements, assuming you factored in that the Six could be presented by Anna Foster and Hannah Grey one day

Wonder if she'll do the pan regional announcement before Politics North as well, or is that recorded by someone at the BBC in Hull instead?

The sound and vision seems to be out of sync on the BBC One mayoral debate programme

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Fluffy Bunny Feet - 24-04-2024

(24-04-2024, 10:44 PM)Andrew Wrote:  The sound and vision seems to be out of sync on the BBC One mayoral debate programme

Yes, vision about 4/5 secs.
On both Freeview and Freesat.
Poor quality studio picture quality too. Not a good presentation.

It’s still about 5 seconds behind now

Either they haven’t noticed or they don’t know how to fix it

Pretty shocking that this is going out on BBC One for this length of time

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - IanJRedman - 24-04-2024

There's a pretty nasty strobe on the yellow LED behind one of the guests, too.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Yorksman - 24-04-2024

I missed the start, where is it being broadcast from? A redressed Look North studio?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - agemame - 25-04-2024

It was the CAST Theatre, Doncaster - sort of the ideal place to do this without it always being Sheffield for such things. The opening was pretty strange, the announcement was over a mix of the pink BBC holding slides, the standard 'news' lens ident and the archway one, switching between the two like they'd somehow latched the whole vision circuit into delay before starting the program.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear this was sabotage - broken visuals last week, and something resembling an old Shaw Brothers movie this week.