Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Fluffy Bunny Feet - 18-01-2023

(14-01-2023, 03:50 PM)radio listener Wrote:  
(15-11-2022, 03:14 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Money. They used to have two studios in Leeds and do both live (Duncan and Christie on Emley, John and Gaynor on Belmont) but this was dropped in the same round of cuts that merged some traditional regions like Tyne Tees and Border

I thought it was only the first half that was pre-recorded and the regions came together for the second?
Not always, but often an entire programme is recorded, or sections depending on the days events.
The clue as to which is 'Live' is if it features any Reporters on location it will have 'Live' on their name / location strap. they might have a 'pan' regional start and go away after a gfx bumper - all very clever and the timings need to be spot on.

(15-11-2022, 02:57 AM)Johnr Wrote:  One thing about Calendar is it must be really weird for the presenters having to essentially do the two editions back to back (North and South), probably not as obvious if you're just watching in the respective region on TV, but watching both editions on catch up and seeing the welcome coversations done in a slightly different choice of words, discussion between the presenters on the (shared) stories in a slightly different choice of words is fascinating!

I wonder why ITV went that route compared to the BBC having Uncle Peter covering one side!

Links etc may be written by either Emley/ Belmont Producers of the day and/ or Presenters.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Andrew - 18-01-2023

(14-01-2023, 03:50 PM)radio listener Wrote:  
(15-11-2022, 03:14 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Money. They used to have two studios in Leeds and do both live (Duncan and Christie on Emley, John and Gaynor on Belmont) but this was dropped in the same round of cuts that merged some traditional regions like Tyne Tees and Border

I thought it was only the first half that was pre-recorded and the regions came together for the second?

On a normal news day where there is no reason for any half to be live, they don’t bother with that anymore, and just do an entire programme recorded and an entire one live

Half the time they’d usually join together for only one story and then the throw to the weather, which in itself is split, so it’s hardly worth bothering

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Superman1986 - 21-01-2023

Look North Hull came from their temporary set tonight

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - UTVLifer - 21-01-2023

Look Levy have moved into a temporary set as tonight, so they'll be getting a new NBH-B set in the next few months

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - DrewF - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 07:50 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Look Levy have moved into a temporary set as tonight, so they'll be getting a new NBH-B set in the next few months

An end of an era - just 2 months shy of 14 years! It must surely be the longest-lasting BBC News studio ever.

A couple of images from the late bulletin last night, the last time the set was used:

[Image: LN1%202.jpg]
[Image: LN2%202.jpg]

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - radio listener - 21-01-2023

How long does a new studio refit take?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Mike - 21-01-2023

I wonder if they're going to send the same temporary sets around all the regions until the rollout is complete.

Gone are the days of places decamping to whatever set they had lying around (I particularly have fondness of the Midlands Today conservatory from Good Morning with a Midlands at Westminster desk from circa 2003).

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Josh - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 08:35 PM)radio listener Wrote:  How long does a new studio refit take?

EMT went temporary on 1st October and launched their new set 16th January so just over 3 months if we use the same trajectory.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - lepeterrr - 21-01-2023

I hope they get some gallery upgrades aswell! One of the only (possibly the only?) region still using fades for the lower thirds.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Spencer - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 09:50 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  I hope they get some gallery upgrades aswell! One of the only (possibly the only?) region still using fades for the lower thirds.

East Midlands Today still has them, even after their set upgrade.