Pres Café
HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=148)

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Milkshake - 09-09-2022

Tom Bradby has taking the role for Today ITV News specials.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Steve in Pudsey - 09-09-2022

Incidentally, Breakfast has been continuing with a look at the newspaper headlines during the regional opts, which has been carried on the BBC News Channel. Has that gone out on BBC One HD too or did the red screen go up?

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Stooky Bill - 09-09-2022

(09-09-2022, 08:09 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I'm pretty sure the curtain was always part of the set, it's not the kind of thing you are going to rig during a pandemic with absolute minimal staffing?

I'm sure some sort of curtain rail was installed when the place was constructed. There's many reasons why they'd want to have one there - privacy being one of them.

I'm not sure GB News has chosen the best wording for its coverage: 'Queen Dies'. 

It just sounds wrong - wrong tense. They're always banging on about pronouns, they can't even get verbs right  Rolleyes

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - LouBlu08 - 09-09-2022

(09-09-2022, 09:05 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Incidentally, Breakfast has been continuing with a look at the newspaper headlines during the regional opts, which has been carried on the BBC News Channel.  Has that gone out on BBC One HD too or did the red screen go up?

I checked BBC One HD earlier during the regional news and I didn't see the switch over screen, instead they showed the newspaper headlines.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - nwtv2003 - 09-09-2022

(09-09-2022, 08:39 AM)frasergj Wrote:  Sky Showcase and Sky Sports News are continuing to simulcast Sky News. Sky Sports Racing was doing the same yesterday but is back today.

Sky Sports Main Event has also been simulcasting Sky News since last night. I can see that continuing if some of the main sporting fixtures are called off this weekend. Certainly tonight’s EFL games are off, Premier League is likely to follow.

harshy - harshy - 09-09-2022

(09-09-2022, 07:34 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  
(09-09-2022, 07:00 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 10:31 PM)harshy Wrote:  [color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Well we heard about obituary rehearsals in studio E with the blinds down which I assumed would have happened for a passing of major important figure yet that didn’t happen with huw over a live newsroom backdrop which I thought would have been covered up based on what was said in the past regarding these rehearsals.[/font][/color]
The studio was covered up during rehearsals to stop people seeing into the studio and getting the wrong idea. The studio they use is totally isolated so no there's no mix ups

I think harshy was talking about the blinds in the cafe area overlooking the newsroom?

But what was the deal with the curtain they used when Newsnight was camping out in E, it was hinted that it was for obit use, but was it really just for added privacy in rehearsals?

Apologies I meant they had the ability to cover up the studio backdrop, they kind of did it during Newsnight to make the backdrop look more purple so I thought they had that ability to cover up the background when something major happens.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - bilky asko - 09-09-2022

(09-09-2022, 12:52 AM)JayCasey Wrote:  Are the Hochanda channels ever live

The earlier caption suggested that they'd interrupted live programming, so I presume that they are.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - VMPhil - 09-09-2022

I have Absolute Radio on, they played "Bridge Over Troubled Water" about 30-40 minutes ago and then again just now. Surely they have more on their list of sad songs.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - LouBlu08 - 09-09-2022

Some of the shopping channels are back (and have probably been back for a while now). QVC is still off air but TJC, Ideal World, TV Warehouse and all the Gemporia channels are back.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - AvroVulcanXH607 - 09-09-2022

(09-09-2022, 10:10 AM)VMPhil Wrote:  I have Absolute Radio on, they played "Bridge Over Troubled Water" about 30-40 minutes ago and then again just now. Surely they have more on their list of sad songs.

I had the radio on in the car earlier. Have to say I'm quite liking it at the moment - Nice music, no ads, and none of the usual mindless blether!