Pres Café
Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II (/showthread.php?tid=151)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - TVFan - 13-09-2022

(13-09-2022, 01:11 PM)gottago Wrote:  
(12-09-2022, 06:45 PM)TVFan Wrote:  On the day of HM The Queen’s funeral, ITV will be showing the same programmes (including uninterrupted coverage of the funeral) on all it’s channels, though I doubt CITV will be included:

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1569368606877663233 

Been thinking about this and I wonder if the main reason for this happening is they don't have the time, manpower and indeed willpower for their compliance team to go through literally every programme on 4/5 channels to double check that nothing accidentally offensive will be broadcast on such a hyper-sensitive day. Particularly if the ratings for the channels will be so low anyway.

I've heard a lot of commissioners are having to rewatch many hours of their shows again to double check for anything that could possibly be misconstrued as offensive or inappropriate related to the royal family. 

Better just to air what's on the main channel that risk anything, and better than a blank screen too.
That makes sense, especially as on the day The Queen died, some of the programmes on ITV2 had parts which people may have took offence to (specifically, in an episode of Bob’s Burgers, one of the buildings in the intro was called ‘Don’t Stop Bereaving’; and an episode of Family Guy was all about a main character dying). Although that time it wasn’t really noticed, if it happened again, they could get very bad publicity.

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - Ash101 - 13-09-2022

BBC One on Monday 19th September:

06:00 Breakfast
08:00 The State Funeral of HM Queen Elizabeth II
17:00 BBC News
17:50 BBC Local News
18:15 The One Show: Our Queen Remembered
18:50 Film: Paddington 2 (R)
20:30 The State Funeral of HM Queen Elizabeth II: Events of the Day
22:00 BBC News and Weather

Which does beg the question - what will ITV air as they keep all their channels together till Midnight?

Friday 23rd September on BBC One:

18:00 BBC News
18:30 BBC Local News
19:00 Strictly Come Dancing
20:50 Ghosts
21:20 Have I Got News for You
21:50 Am I Being Unreasonable?
22:20 BBC News and Weather

Surprised they've not dropped HIGNFY for another week.. but that is a great lead in for the new series of Ghosts!

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - Transmission - 13-09-2022

(11-09-2022, 04:07 PM)Transmission Wrote:  BT Sport have a bit of a dilemma regarding the Rangers Champions League game being moved to Wednesday, at the same time as three other games involving British teams as things stand. Either it replaces the (excellent) Goals Show or goes on the red button.

I should correct myself here, the list of kick-offs I saw was wrong and BT are able to show the Celtic and Rangers games back-to-back, though with little room for analysis for the first or build-up to the second.

(12-09-2022, 06:45 PM)TVFan Wrote:  On the day of HM The Queen’s funeral, ITV will be showing the same programmes (including uninterrupted coverage of the funeral) on all it’s channels, though I doubt CITV will be included:

ITV's press release mentions "ITV’s main channel and five digital channels and hub" which suggests it will include CITV, though that would be a bit surprising.

(13-09-2022, 03:50 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  I take it Both ITV and BBC 1 will go back to normal programmes on Thursday?

The BBC press office is putting out updated peak-time schedules for the week, getting ahead of the actual schedule changes themselves which have only been made up until tomorrow so it's impossible to say so far. I wouldn't be surprised if there is still blanket news coverage up to 6pm on Thursday and Friday. In a sense, things aren't getting back to "normal" until the Saturday after the funeral because up until the Friday night there are lots of changes to the published schedules catching up with some of the programmes that were previously dropped.

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - TIGHazard - 13-09-2022

(13-09-2022, 04:20 PM)Transmission Wrote:  

ITV's press release mentions "ITV’s main channel and five digital channels and hub" which suggests it will include CITV, though that would be a bit surprising.

Um, wouldn't this be absolutely terrible for the digital multiplexes? Blocky-vision galore.

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - eyeTV - 13-09-2022

All Sky Channels to show the Queens funeral

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1569758862655332365?s=20&t=0Mz5DKXhvp6J3zAaEMUipQ 

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - brett - 13-09-2022

(13-09-2022, 01:31 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  I've noticed that Channel 4's recent Investigating Diana documentary has been pulled from on demand. Another reason to have a PVR.

That's pathetic. I can understand not wanting to air it at the moment, and I can also understand not wanting to give it high prominence on the On Demand service, but to remove it completely is an absolute joke.

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - Transmission - 14-09-2022

Daytime programmes return to BBC One tomorrow and on Friday, with Breakfast extended to 10am each day. Friday morning will also see coverage of the King's visit to Wales.

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - JAS84 - 14-09-2022

(13-09-2022, 07:47 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  All Sky Channels to show the Queens funeral

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1569758862655332365?s=20&t=0Mz5DKXhvp6J3zAaEMUipQ 

Not Sky History. Pick and Challenge are showing it though.

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - TVFan - 14-09-2022

Looks like Comedy Central will be having an ad-free Friends marathon on Monday, as all the episodes are shown in 20 and 25 minute slots (they are even replacing the Teleshopping from 6am). The later shows also appear to have no ads.

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - Omnipresent - 14-09-2022

BBC2 has processed changes to their weekend schedules with Kylie Minogue night postponed by a week to September 24th.

Replacement programmes confirmed on the Media Centre have not yet fed through to the schedule:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl97/2022/09/17