Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II

(09-09-2022, 01:35 AM)Clean Feed Wrote:  
(09-09-2022, 01:29 AM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  Channel 4 returns to normal programming in the early hours of Friday 9th September.

theident.gallery 

Though there are quite a few changes in the schedule tomorrow. All the comedy repeats at breakfast have been replaced for example.

as have the Simpsons episode tonight at 6pm, understandable in the circumstances

(09-09-2022, 06:13 AM)nbafan890 Wrote:  
(09-09-2022, 01:29 AM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  Channel 4 returns to normal programming in the early hours of Friday 9th September.

theident.gallery 

Though there are quite a few changes in the schedule tomorrow. All the comedy repeats at breakfast have been replaced for example.

as have the Simpsons episode tonight at 6pm, understandable in the circumstances
Similarly, one of The Simpsons episodes on Sunday has been replaced (it’s the one where they go to London and prominently features the Queen).

EDIT: Just found another change, on Saturday the episode To Surveil with Love has been dropped (the Queen appears at the very end).
[-] The following 2 users Like TVFan's post:
  • bilky asko, octothorpe

(09-09-2022, 06:47 AM)TVFan Wrote:  
(09-09-2022, 06:13 AM)nbafan890 Wrote:  

theident.gallery 

Similarly, one of The Simpsons episodes on Sunday has been replaced (it’s the one where they go to London and prominently features the Queen).

I didn't realise that

Quote:Similarly, one of The Simpsons episodes on Sunday has been replaced (it’s the one where they go to London and prominently features the Queen).

I'll bet ITV are glad they are currently past that episode of Family Guy (entitled "Viewer Mail 2", in particular the Chap of the Manor spoof) in sequential runs, as that would have had to been replaced too under the circumstances (ironically enough it was the same episode that caused BBC Three problems when Robin Williams died), although considering the chain of events that unfold in the Chap of the Manor segment, the episode probably won't be seen (on TV) for a while.
[-] The following 3 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • octothorpe, Superman1986, TVFan

I wonder if Eastenders may be rushing to add a quick scene into tonight's rescheduled episode to acknowledge the news of the Queen's death.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • bilky asko

ITV have cancelled tonights nomal schedule

09:00 ITV News Special
19:00 Regional News
19:30 ITV Evening News
20:30 The Longest Reign Queen Elizabeth II
22:00 ITV News at Ten

Understandable, considering the gravitas of the situation, that the main channels are rescheduling/cancelling their programmes. The question is, when will they be aired? Or will they be shown online only - on the channels' streaming platforms, to prevent the schedules being disrupted for weeks? Obviously, coverage of the events leading up to the Queen's funeral is the only important TV priority for terrestrial channel controllers right now.

(09-09-2022, 08:44 AM)Keith Wrote:  I wonder if Eastenders may be rushing to add a quick scene into tonight's rescheduled episode to acknowledge the news of the Queen's death.

Considering EastEnders are well known for filming last minute scenes to reflect current events, I'd say it's a given. They can't really film last minute scenes about football and Eurovision, and ignore this.

Last night, MasterChef was due to show a round where "the celebs have to cook a dish dedicated to the Queen in celebration of this year's Platinum Jubilee."

I wonder if this will be rescheduled, or not at all?

No Last Leg on C4 tonight

twitter.com