Pres Café
Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II (/showthread.php?tid=151)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - AJB39 - 11-09-2022

(11-09-2022, 02:53 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Breakfast is four hours tomorrow from 6-10am.  News at One moves to noon extended to 50 minutes.  One Show and EastEnders block moves to 8pm.  Main regional news from 18.45-19.15.

BBC Two's schedule appears to have not been updated yet.

The BBC 2 schedule has updated now. Basically the entire BBC 1 daytime schedule minus Morning Live moves over to BBC 2 with the normal BBC 2 schedule running in the evening.

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - Transmission - 11-09-2022

(11-09-2022, 03:21 PM)AJB39 Wrote:   the normal BBC 2 schedule running in the evening.
...except for Frankie Boyle!

BT Sport have a bit of a dilemma regarding the Rangers Champions League game being moved to Wednesday, at the same time as three other games involving British teams as things stand. Either it replaces the (excellent) Goals Show or goes on the red button.

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - eyeTV - 11-09-2022

I don't expect the TV magazines are going to be worth buying on Tuesday.

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - eyeTV - 11-09-2022

GMB is apparently 06:00 - 9:20 tomorrow, with something called ITV News Regional at 9:20 - 10:00

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - London Lite - 11-09-2022

(11-09-2022, 10:46 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  GMB is apparently 06:00 - 9:20 tomorrow, with something called ITV News Regional at 9:20 - 10:00

Freeview EPG has GMB 6-10am, then ITV News: The King's Tour - Westminster from 10-11 followed by This Morning.

(11-09-2022, 11:05 PM)London Lite Wrote:  
(11-09-2022, 10:46 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  GMB is apparently 06:00 - 9:20 tomorrow, with something called ITV News Regional at 9:20 - 10:00

Freeview EPG has GMB 6-10am, then ITV News: The King's Tour - Westminster from 10-11 followed by This Morning.
Ah ok, I expect that is more reliable than the TV Guide at ITV.com

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - London Lite - 11-09-2022

Confirmed that GMB is on until 10am.

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/itvsch-mon12sept22 

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - octothorpe - 12-09-2022

This seems the most appropriate place to mention this, but I noticed that tonight's 'repeat' of Countryfile that explored the Queen's Balmoral estate was a revised repeat, containing subtle references to the fact the Queen had passed away prior to broadcast at least during the first few minutes and at the end of the programme (I didn't watch beyond that). Suggests that they've had versions of the three programmes in which they explored the Queen's different residences on hand for some time that have been edited in such a way, and chose Balmoral to be re-shown due to her passing there. I imagine the other two could get a showing at some point.

As far as I can tell from watching the first and last minute or so of the Antiques Roadshow aboard Britannia special that was repeated tonight, that had no such references (unless the version that was uploaded to iPlayer I've just looked at is not the one broadcast tonight; Countryfile's was).

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - W. Knight - 12-09-2022

(09-09-2022, 05:14 AM)W. Knight Wrote:  
(09-09-2022, 05:05 AM)Frances Wrote:  Wondering whether networks in HK will run special coverage of the funeral just like 25 years ago…
Last month TVB interrupted normal programming for US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s trip to Taiwan but today nothing on its main channels Jade and Pearl until the morning news…
Without getting too political here, the SAR government is actually playing down Hong Kong's colonial days in official narratives, so I doubt the coverage would be as extensive as in the old days (when Diana died just a month after the handover). There's also no special programme changes on the channels today.
Probably best to put it here, here's an update on Hong Kong's special programmes on the Queen (all times in HKT):
[list]
[*]Ch.85 (TVB Finance, Sports and Info Channel) is showing a documentary in Cantonese/putonghua tonight at 7.30;
[*]Ch.84 (TVB Pearl) is showing The King's Speech, a film on her father George VI, on Wednesday at 9.30. They're also showing a documentary of her in English on Saturday, at 8.30.
[*]No live arrangement on her funeral on Pearl yet, at least according to the online listings.
[*]As for Ch.96 (ViuTV6), the closest is a 20/20 special on Saturday night at 9.30. Like TVB, no live arrangements on her funeral yet.
[*]Nothing on two i-Cable TV FTA channels (ch.76 and 77).
[/list]

RE: Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II - Frances - 12-09-2022

(12-09-2022, 09:33 AM)W. Knight Wrote:  
(09-09-2022, 05:14 AM)W. Knight Wrote:  
(09-09-2022, 05:05 AM)Frances Wrote:  Wondering whether networks in HK will run special coverage of the funeral just like 25 years ago…
Last month TVB interrupted normal programming for US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s trip to Taiwan but today nothing on its main channels Jade and Pearl until the morning news…
Without getting too political here, the SAR government is actually playing down Hong Kong's colonial days in official narratives, so I doubt the coverage would be as extensive as in the old days (when Diana died just a month after the handover). There's also no special programme changes on the channels today.
Probably best to put it here, here's an update on Hong Kong's special programmes on the Queen (all times in HKT):
[list]
[*]Ch.85 (TVB Finance, Sports and Info Channel) is showing a documentary in Cantonese/putonghua tonight at 7.30;
[*]Ch.84 (TVB Pearl) is showing The King's Speech, a film on her father George VI, on Wednesday at 9.30. They're also showing a documentary of her in English on Saturday, at 8.30.
[*]No live arrangement on her funeral on Pearl yet, at least according to the online listings.
[*]As for Ch.96 (ViuTV6), the closest is a 20/20 special on Saturday night at 9.30. Like TVB, no live arrangements on her funeral yet.
[*]Nothing on two i-Cable TV FTA channels (ch.76 and 77).
[/list]
I doubt HK broadcasters will produce their own documentary… Maybe TVB will show a special made by a UK broadcaster? Based on what they provided for GE2019 and Prince Philip’s obit, I guess it will be Sky News.