Pres Café
TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns (/showthread.php?tid=16)

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - Stooky Bill - 12-06-2023

(11-06-2023, 08:16 PM)Bluecortina Wrote:  Just FYI, Carlton had their own promotions producing section at the London TV Centre, It was about the only 'practical' ITV related broadcasting section they had. Lots of very fancy kit, much of it made by Abekas and Quantel which of course Carlton owned at that point. Very nice bunch of people.
Yes I think the only thing that was credited 'a Carlton production' in the first few years was Crimestoppers. I wonder if that was made by the same team?

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - Bluecortina - 12-06-2023

(12-06-2023, 09:25 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Yes I think the only thing that was credited 'a Carlton production' in the first few years was Crimestoppers. I wonder if that was made by the same team?

The area was quite modest in size, a graphics area and a couple of edit suites, a machine area plus of course the usual paraphernalia surrounding it all. Was quite busy during the week but quieter around the weekend as you might expect, I'm tempted to say the area didn't have much to do with actual programme production and editing but I cannot say for sure. The area was constructed where LWT's original VTR area was built in 1972 etc.

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - eggsontoast - 20-06-2023

(12-06-2023, 09:25 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Yes I think the only thing that was credited 'a Carlton production' in the first few years was Crimestoppers. I wonder if that was made by the same team?
Another item made by Carlton on the 2nd Floor was "Your Shout" shown on London Tonight every week.
Interestingly LNN St7 had direct lines into Carlton's area and on the odd occasion studio shows where made for some OnDigital channels like Men&Motors these went directly to Carlton and not via TLS Lines.

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - mixchris - 21-06-2023

(20-06-2023, 11:11 PM)eggsontoast Wrote:  Another item made by Carlton on the 2nd Floor was "Your Shout" shown on London Tonight every week.
Interestingly LNN St7 had direct lines into Carlton's area and on the odd occasion studio shows where made for some OnDigital channels like Men&Motors these went directly to Carlton and not via TLS Lines.

IIRC ‘Your Shout’ was also shown during the day as a filler before CiTV

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - robertclark125 - 21-06-2023

One strange technical error, that used to be on YouTube, was from Tyne Tees, circa 1993. TTTV had shown the ITN early evening news, and at the end, TTTV had some issues, and put an endcap up, suggesting the ITN early evening news was a Tyne Tees production for the ITV network! They eventually got the local weather with Bob Johnson, pre recorded, to playout, but as Bob was talking, it crashed out, and went to the Tyne Tees Today opening titles, starting on time at 18:00.

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - TVNerd - 22-06-2023

Tricky, the real time animated ITV Saturday morning show, falls off air during this episode, broadcast in November 1997, at 36:40 into this video https://youtu.be/blHQ_uREOu0 

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - Si-Co - 22-06-2023

I see that ITV went straight from GMTV into Tricky. Do we know who was networking Tricky and who made the apology over the caption?

I assume that was a generic apology going out to the network and not a regional one, although some regions may have noticed the problems earlier and stuck their own apology slide up. In this era of ITV (late 90s to 2002) there seemed to be an element of a “presented feed” with some shows - when previously responsibility for covering breakdowns usually fell to the regional contractor (a notable exemption being that PPB that fell off the air several times and presented blocks like schools programmes and sometimes CITV, which Tricky probably falls under).

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - Neil Jones - 22-06-2023

a shufty through the Wikipedia archives seems to suggest Tricky was an indie for Granada, it lasted 16 episodes/1 series, and was never seen or heard of again on ITV, though the lead character Tricky changed his name and presented Pop for six years when it launched in 2003. Presumably they then got rid of him and that was the end of that.

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - James2001 - 22-06-2023

Tricky was made by the same company as The Chart Show (which is why the animation was reused on Pop years later), which of course followed it.

Though The Chart Show was networked by Yorkshire rather than Granada.

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - SunburntRock89 - 24-06-2023

A friend sent me this https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/649968233553723405/1122186472812978277/IMG_9068.jpg 

Apparently it was on screen for around 2 minutes during an ad break at around half 4.