Pres Café
TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns (/showthread.php?tid=16)

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - Neil Jones - 17-08-2023

IIRC those announcements for the overnight interactive stuff weren't live, they were pre-recorded (if that) but there would have been generic ones. Here's the time Quizmania had to stop a game when the fire alarm went off, and after a filler programme, the announcer is just the generic "This is ITV1":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQoSrwHQngk 

Quite a few of those sort of shows (the live interactive ones) used to go off air when the clocks changed IIRC.

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - octothorpe - 18-08-2023

Technical issues on Channel 4 during 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown tonight, around 9:10pm. Picture flickered between the show and black a few times briefly and paused, then the programme continued but with no sound for about a minute or so. Picture then flickered in the same way again, before the sound returned abruptly. Definitely not my end (I'd wondered if the crow that likes perching on my TV dish outside had come back again!) as there were a few complaints on Twitter.

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - Nobby - 18-08-2023

The start of Panarama at 20:00 had colour bars, tone and a BBC NI clock.

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - Brekkie - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 09:22 PM)Nobby Wrote:  The start of Panarama at 20:00 had colour bars, tone and a BBC NI clock.

Played out live perhaps considering the quick turnaround. Was an excellent documentary.

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - nwtv2003 - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 09:14 PM)octothorpe Wrote:  Technical issues on Channel 4 during 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown tonight, around 9:10pm. Picture flickered  between the show and black a few times briefly and paused, then the programme continued but with no sound for about a minute or so. Picture then flickered in the same way again, before the sound returned abruptly. Definitely not my end (I'd wondered if the crow that likes perching on my TV dish outside had come back again!) as there were a few complaints on Twitter.
I was watching on Sky Stream and had this issue, I thought it was a problem with Sky Stream, but checked ITV1 and Channel 5 and they were fine. I flipped over to Freeview for the rest of the part and it was fine on there.

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - dvboy - 19-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 09:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Played out live perhaps considering the quick turnaround. Was an excellent documentary.

Seem to recall a quick turnaround and live playout of Panorama causing similar issues in the past.

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - London Lite - 19-08-2023

No issue on iPlayer, it appears they had a native copy rather than recording from BBC One.

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - Bennyboy84 - 19-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 09:14 PM)octothorpe Wrote:  Technical issues on Channel 4 during 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown tonight, around 9:10pm. Picture flickered  between the show and black a few times briefly and paused, then the programme continued but with no sound for about a minute or so. Picture then flickered in the same way again, before the sound returned abruptly. Definitely not my end (I'd wondered if the crow that likes perching on my TV dish outside had come back again!) as there were a few complaints on Twitter.

Was going to try to catch that one on +1 but I forgot! 🤦‍♂️

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - Nobby - 19-08-2023

(19-08-2023, 01:54 AM)London Lite Wrote:  No issue on iPlayer, it appears they had a native copy rather than recording from BBC One.

It was available on BBC iPlayer first, although when I checked it was as a live event rather than a regular programme in as much as you couldn't skip to the end but you could rewind to the start and before (there were BBC News stings directly before it and  a technical fault message directly before that) the time on the player was the clock time, so the start of the programme was about 19:30 rather than 0:00.

RE: TV Mistakes/Breakdowns - Stooky Bill - 19-08-2023

(19-08-2023, 12:24 AM)dvboy Wrote:  Seem to recall a quick turnaround and live playout of Panorama causing similar issues in the past.
That was one that had been recorded down the line shortly before transmission. The playout system mangled the timecodes. 

I'm pretty sure last night's was played down the line from Belfast. The odd start looks like just finger trouble/communication misunderstanding in starting the playback