Pres Café
2022 FIFA World Cup - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: 2022 FIFA World Cup (/showthread.php?tid=195)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Juicy Joe - 20-11-2022

The BBC Coverage feels extremely negative. I know there's important issues regarding the staging of the World Cup in Qatar, however, you'd feel they'd want to make their programme warm & welcoming for the fans. It makes you want to tune out. The basic studio doesn't help and looks as though they are using standard BBC yellow graphics which probably won't match the host graphics, and incorrect BBC Gill Sans microphone muffs too.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Newsroom - 20-11-2022

(20-11-2022, 04:28 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  The BBC Coverage feels extremely negative.  I know there's important issues regarding the staging of the World Cup in Qatar, however, you'd feel they'd want to make their programme warm & welcoming for the fans.  It makes you want to tune out.  The basic studio doesn't help and looks as though they are using standard BBC yellow graphics which probably won't match the host graphics, and incorrect BBC Gill Sans microphone muffs too.
Extremely real is how I’d describe their coverage. Of course they’re going to cover the issues, anything less and they’ll be bartered for not doing so. 

Hitting the perfect note IMO.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Josh - 20-11-2022

I don't think I can manage hearing "Here we, here we, here we go!" in the BBC titles for the next month. Can't help but think everything just feels a bit barebones.

Newshound47 - Newshound47 - 20-11-2022

(20-11-2022, 04:28 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  The BBC Coverage feels extremely negative.  I know there's important issues regarding the staging of the World Cup in Qatar, however, you'd feel they'd want to make their programme warm & welcoming for the fans.  It makes you want to tune out.  The basic studio doesn't help and looks as though they are using standard BBC yellow graphics which probably won't match the host graphics, and incorrect BBC Gill Sans microphone muffs too.

It’s a tough balancing act. If they too positive they could be heavily criticised while there is less likely be much criticism for being too negative.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Rdd - 20-11-2022

Words cannot express how awful the BBC titles are - they might as well have used the official ones than put that out if they wanted to spend no money on it. Here we go indeed.

Meanwhile over on RTE, it is the standard set they use for everything, but it at least looks nice with the backdrop chosen.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - J102B - 20-11-2022

Is there a reason why the website and hashtag in the bottom right are not in Reith?
Saying that, quite like the font.
Also, feel their coverage has been good so far. Very factual.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - nwtv2003 - 20-11-2022

For what I think is the first time, the UHD stream on iPlayer does not have a huge BBC UHD on screen.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - DJCC7 - 20-11-2022

I like the way that the host broadcaster graphics animate - much more lively and interesting than the BBC ones

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - W. Knight - 20-11-2022

Some local studio captures from Hong Kong. Your official broadcasters: ViuTV (FTA Ch.99) for 19 of the total matches, and cable network NowTV for the full coverage.
[Image: ViuTV%20WC%20Pan.png]
[Image: ViuTV%20WC%20Wide.png]
[Image: ViuTV%20WC%20Sofa.png]

Pres wise, they're adopting the official graphics package for the matches (in traditional Chinese), and also utilized the graphic design in their programme junctions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYizI1PV_Zs 

Content wise, it's a bit on the traditional fluffy/match-oriented stuff: Not much on the controversies surrounding the holding country.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Jon - 20-11-2022

Oh dear turns out the whole tournament has been rigged.