Pres Café
2022 FIFA World Cup - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: 2022 FIFA World Cup (/showthread.php?tid=195)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - aaron_scotland - 22-11-2022

(22-11-2022, 10:59 AM)TIGHazard Wrote:  FIFA test card appeared on screen twice during the Saudi anthem on ITV

[Image: V6jWiaO_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand]

'Extended Stadium Feed' for Matches A and C for that day according to the handy SVG diagram.

https://www.sportsvideo.org/blogs/?blog=qatar-2022&news=fifa-world-cup-2022-overview-of-fifa-world-cup-match-coverage-plans 

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - DTV - 22-11-2022

(22-11-2022, 02:26 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  Considering I posted the Tweet to Reddit then got a lot of Argentinians telling me she's incredibly controversial... I don't blame FIFA for this one

Ah well, whoops on my part! That's certainly a good reason for them not to broadcast the ribbon. Nonetheless, unless they were only broadcasting the ribbon over the World Cup, I still think it's an issue for the channel rather than FIFA (whose objection I doubt was made for moral reasons).

Had this World Cup started a few weeks ago and the BBC or ITV decided to have a poppy DOG across all programmes, I don't think it should be in FIFA's purview to force the broadcaster to take if off for their particular programming - especially not considering the amount of money the broadcasters have to pay FIFA for the privilege.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - bilky asko - 22-11-2022

(22-11-2022, 01:48 PM)thegeek Wrote:  the Olympics were a bit of a different situation - various trademarks (and similar words and symbols) were given additional protection in the UK in primary legislation.

In this case, FIFA licences the rights to show the games to individual broadcasters - they may well have stipulations in the contract as to what can be shown as overlaid graphics or in the surrounding programming.

Still trying to work out what happened with the bars on ITV earlier - at half time, Laura Woods blamed the world feed, though I can't find much mention of it on the twitter from other countries. The bars are definitely from IBC though.

Though I wasn't listening intently, the feed also appeared to go on Five Live if that's anything to go by.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Yorksman - 22-11-2022

Peter Walton has just disagreed with a referee's decision, biggest shock of the whole World Cup.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Newshound47 - 22-11-2022

BBC fortunate there that the match managed to end by 17.56 so they had time for a wrap up and then get to the news on time.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Andrew - 22-11-2022

The first match on ITV this morning was presented from an outside set at the stadium, very similar to how they did it in the COVID era Euros

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Newshound47 - 23-11-2022

5.6 million for France v Australia which is about normal for an evening group match with one big team at World Cup’s.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Newshound47 - 24-11-2022

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/11/23/bbc-faces-backlash-impartial-half-time-segment-qatar-world-cup/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr 
Controversy over a segment on the environmental aspect of the World Cup on the BBC last night.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - p2004 - 24-11-2022

To be completely frank, I would hardly call that report one-sided. There was ample time given to FIFA/Qatar's standpoint on the World Cup with their claims of it being carbon neutral, which were countered because the measures stated did nothing to offset emissions.

The BBC's remit is "due impartiality", which means that on occasion it takes a stance when the flip side of certain topics are bordering on ridiculous. It would be odd (and contrary to the principle of due impartiality) to see the BBC attempting to justify claims of a World Cup where stadiums were built from scratch as carbon neutral.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Newsroom - 24-11-2022

(24-11-2022, 02:48 AM)p2004 Wrote:  To be completely frank, I would hardly call that report one-sided. There was ample time given to FIFA/Qatar's standpoint on the World Cup with their claims of it being carbon neutral, which were countered because the measures stated did nothing to offset emissions.

The BBC's remit is "due impartiality", which means that on occasion it takes a stance when the flip side of certain topics are bordering on ridiculous. It would be odd (and contrary to the principle of due impartiality) to see the BBC attempting to justify claims of a World Cup where stadiums were built from scratch as carbon neutral.
Agreed!

Lineker promoted the fact they'd kick off proceedings with a 'mini panorama' type opener in advance of Sunday. This Telegraph piece is utter rubbish and nothing but an opportune moment to dig up the muck on the BBC.