Pres Café
2022 FIFA World Cup - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: 2022 FIFA World Cup (/showthread.php?tid=195)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - RhysJR - 27-11-2022

Some high-tec graphics used by Germany's ZDF earlier!

In fairness, the magnets do seem quite an old fashioned thing when AR graphics etc. are available but they appeared to be quite affective, allowing the pundits to move the players around quickly and effortlessly to make their points.

[Image: TVLF%20204.jpg]
[Image: TVLF%20205.jpg][Image: TVLF%20206.jpg]

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Yorksman - 27-11-2022

(27-11-2022, 06:10 PM)TimGoodwin Wrote:  
(26-11-2022, 11:33 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  Agreed, it's very distracting.

Also, having done some research, here is where England have exited in major tournaments since 1996:

WC 1998 - Argentina (ITV)
Euro 2000 - Romania (BBC)
Euro 2004 - Portugal (BBC)
WC 2006 - Portugal (ITV)
WC 2010 - Germany (BBC)
Euro 2012 - Italy (BBC)
WC 2014 - Uruguay (ITV)
Euro 2016 - Iceland (ITV)
WC 2018 - Croatia (ITV)

Brazil 2002, Germany 1996 and Italy 2020 not included as they were simulcasted on both BBC and ITV.  Also, ITV have the first pick for the Last 16.
Portugal in 2006 was on BBC

Thanks, the post has been edited.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - TIGHazard - 28-11-2022

(27-11-2022, 06:01 PM)News Engineer Wrote:  https://twitter.com/dreyerchina/status/1596768377628151808?s=46&t=sUetT6s0yV3HCY-bsz9X5Q 

Interesting Twitter thread on how the Chinese state broadcaster is using ISOs from the host broadcaster to cover up shots of unmasked crowds, given recent unrest in China over restrictions there.

Worth noting that ‘customising’ host broadcast coverage isn’t unusual, although usually for other reasons. NBC effectively direct their own coverage of a lot of Olympic events, using ISOs of host broadcaster cameras along with many of their own.

Clip of the example here, as Twitter removed the video for copyright infringement

https://streamable.com/9ayabl 

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - RhysJR - 29-11-2022

The BBC website is suggesting that BBC One Wales will have seperate commentary to the neutral commentray of network on Wales v. England later on Tuesday. Personally I'm doubtful of that as they have never done that before in any major tournament match, including the same fixture at Euro 2016 or the match v. Iran in Qatar.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001gccd 

Overall I have been surprised by how much extra effort BBC Wales have gone to for this tiurnament compared to previous efforts. Whilst outside of preview shows, documentaries and news coverage, BBC Wales left the tournament itself to be covered by the network coverage in full in 2016 and 2020. This year there has been bespoke highlights shows (presented from Cardiff by Ian Hunt with solo commentary onsite from Simon Davies) plus a football based programme co-hosted by Robbie Savage and now apparently some deviation from the network feed for Wales v. England. I understand it is a World Cup rather than a Euros (although there's not that much difference between them in terms of other media coverage etc.), but I'm not sure why there has been a far, far bigger prescence from BBC Wales for this tournament compared to Wales' other tournament appearances in the last decade.

In a similar vein, BBC Radio Wales has also offered bespoke commentary of Wales' games at a major tournament for the first time this year. In 2016, Radio 5 Live carried Rob Phillips' commentaries of Wales matches, with him and John Murray (and possibly others) sharing commentary for the England, NI matches and the quarter and semi-final. Similarly in 2020, BBC Radio Wales' commentators onsite were used by BBC Radio 5 Live. On this occasion, BBC Radio 5 Live and Radio Wales coverage has been seperate. That is a bit more understandable with less travel required for the network commentators as a likely good reason whilst simulcasting has not been deemed neccessary.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Newshound47 - 29-11-2022

(29-11-2022, 03:28 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  The BBC website is suggesting that BBC One Wales will have seperate commentary to the neutral commentray of network on Wales v. England later on Tuesday. Personally I'm doubtful of that as they have never done that before in any major tournament match, including the same fixture at Euro 2016 or the match v. Iran in Qatar.

Overall I have been surprised by how much extra effort BBC Wales have gone to for this tiurnament compared to previous efforts. Whilst outside of preview shows, documentaries and news coverage, BBC Wales left the tournament itself to be covered by the network coverage in full in 2016 and 2020. This year there has been bespoke highlights shows (presented from Cardiff by Ian Hunt with solo commentary onsite from Simon Davies) plus a football based programme co-hosted by Robbie Savage and now apparently some deviation from the network feed for Wales v. England. I understand it is a World Cup rather than a Euros (although there's not that much difference between them in terms of other media coverage etc.), but I'm not sure why there has been a far, far bigger prescence from BBC Wales for this tournament compared to Wales' other tournament appearances in the last decade.

In a similar vein, BBC Radio Wales has also offered bespoke commentary of Wales' games at a major tournament for the first time this year. In 2016, Radio 5 Live carried Rob Phillips' commentaries of Wales matches, with him and John Murray (and possibly others) sharing commentary for the England, NI matches and the quarter and semi-final. Similarly in 2020, BBC Radio Wales' commentators onsite were used by BBC Radio 5 Live. On this occasion, BBC Radio 5 Live and Radio Wales coverage has been seperate. That is a bit more understandable with less travel required for the network commentators as a likely good reason whilst simulcasting has not been deemed neccessary.
Wales v Iran was basically a Wales slanted commentary so they didn’t need to. England v Wales was a bit of mess commentary wise in 2016 with two co commentators so I wouldn’t be surprised if they avoid that.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - DTV - 29-11-2022

(27-11-2022, 06:39 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Some high-tec graphics used by Germany's ZDF earlier!

In fairness, the magnets do seem quite an old fashioned thing when AR graphics etc. are available but they appeared to be quite affective, allowing the pundits to move the players around quickly and effortlessly to make their points.

I'll never say no to a physical prop. I expect, though, that the ZDF studio managers are going to be finding them around the studio for months. If you go and look at TC7's store room on Google Maps, it's clear that Working Lunch did some kind of magnet-based segment for a spending review and the production team had fun with them once they were done.

(29-11-2022, 12:32 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  
(29-11-2022, 03:28 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  The BBC website is suggesting that BBC One Wales will have seperate commentary to the neutral commentray of network on Wales v. England later on Tuesday. Personally I'm doubtful of that as they have never done that before in any major tournament match, including the same fixture at Euro 2016 or the match v. Iran in Qatar.

Wales v Iran was basically a Wales slanted commentary so they didn’t need to. England v Wales was a bit of mess commentary wise in 2016 with two co commentators so I wouldn’t be surprised if they avoid that.

This BBC Sport article says '[color=#121212][font=ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif]Former Wales defender [/font][/color][color=#121212][font=ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif][b]Danny Gabbidon[/font][/color][/b][color=#121212][font=ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif] and ex-Three Lions midfielder [/font][/color][color=#121212][font=ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif][b]Jermaine Jenas[/font][/color][/b][color=#121212][font=ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif] are sharing co-commentary duties on the game, and here they talk about where it will be won and lost.' which suggests to me that both will be on the main feed together (Danny Gabbidon is the only co-comm mentioned on the programme info for the BBC One Newtwork's coverage).[/font][/color]

[color=#121212][font=ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63780343[/font][/color]

Interesting to see the ITV 4 game this afternoon is also available as a seperate stream on STV Player. I can't recall this occuring during Euro 2020 (Scotland match aside).

https://player.stv.tv/live/wc 

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Jon - 29-11-2022

It did, it was mentioned at the time.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - London Lite - 29-11-2022

Nadia Nadim was back on ITV Sport today as a pundit at the Netherlands v Qatar match. One of the male pundits praised her for coming back despite her recent family bereavement.