Pres Café
2022 FIFA World Cup - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: 2022 FIFA World Cup (/showthread.php?tid=195)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - TIGHazard - 01-12-2022

(30-11-2022, 10:58 PM)Jon Wrote:  But then they played for a good minute or so after that?

Apparently the rules are this - once the game has re-kicked off, the referee cannot check VAR.

IFAB VAR Protocol Article 10 Wrote:If play has stopped and been restarted, the referee may not undertake a 'review' except for a case of mistaken identity or for a potential sending-off offence relating to violent conduct, spitting, biting or extremely offensive, insulting and/or abusive action(s)
[color=#8b0000][size=1][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I[/font][/size][/color]

France score. The referee blew the whistle for Tunsia to kick-off. Then he blows the final whistle. Then went for a VAR check. Then overturned the goal and kicked off again.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Mort - 01-12-2022

(01-12-2022, 12:22 AM)TIGHazard Wrote:  
(30-11-2022, 10:58 PM)Jon Wrote:  But then they played for a good minute or so after that?

Apparently the rules are this - once the game has re-kicked off, the referee cannot check VAR.

IFAB VAR Protocol Article 10 Wrote:If play has stopped and been restarted, the referee may not undertake a 'review' except for a case of mistaken identity or for a potential sending-off offence relating to violent conduct, spitting, biting or extremely offensive, insulting and/or abusive action(s)
[color=#8b0000][size=1][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I[/font][/size][/color]

France score. The referee blew the whistle for Tunsia to kick-off. Then he blows the final whistle. Then went for a VAR check. Then overturned the goal and kicked off again.

A similar sort of scenario happened a couple of years ago,

Quote:Games are allowed to be restarted following a VAR check, despite the referee having already blown his whistle to signal the end of the game.

According to the International Football Association Board (IFAB), there are no time restrictions for reviewing incidents.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/why-were-man-utd-allowed-a-penalty-kick-after-the-final/15wsh1mfy04fc17m0uq5dou8rk 

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Newshound47 - 01-12-2022

Lots of complaints from the ITV pundits (and presumably all of them worldwide) about FIFA not giving the VAR images for the second Japan Goal.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Rdd - 01-12-2022

RTE decided, no doubt for good reasons, to make Costa Rica v Germany its main game rather than Japan v Spain. To be fair any of the four teams could have gone through.

Newshound47 - Newshound47 - 01-12-2022

(01-12-2022, 10:54 PM)Rdd Wrote:  RTE decided, no doubt for good reasons, to make Costa Rica v Germany its main game rather than Japan v Spain. To be fair any of the four teams could have gone through.

Germany are probably the bigger audience draw than Spain anyway.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - JAS84 - 02-12-2022

Ha, maybe a decade ago. This is the second World Cup in a row where they went out at the first hurdle. Germany's current team is poor.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Mort - 02-12-2022

(01-12-2022, 10:00 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  Lots of complaints from the ITV pundits (and presumably all of them worldwide) about FIFA not giving the VAR images for the second Japan Goal.

They were borderline apoplectic on the telly earlier! It was quite amusing to watch as a generally passive neutral (I fell asleep during the England game to give some context). Though I will definitely support Japan next game, it would be equal parts amusing and wonderful to see them meet England next round and maybe even beat them. On penalties perhaps...

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - eyeTV - 02-12-2022

Are there the usual alternative schedules in the TV mags for next week?

I see that with the Saturday night game on BBC One, ITV1 are showing the Downton Abbey film again tomorrow at 7pm.

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Motlash - 02-12-2022

Something I'm curious about having seen clips of goals on Twitter clipped from various other broadcasters around the world - is it just the BBC and ITV who prefer to have the on-screen graphics broadly in their own house style during games?

Watching ITV1 now and they have their bespoke scoreline that matches the style of the tournament, BBC has its Chameleon standard ticker and graphic style... and yet I've seen French, German, Qatari and Japanese broadcasters all go with the world feed's graphics, perhaps with their own flourishes (NHK in Japan likes flashing up info about the players who've just scored, or a diagram of positions during play which is quite nicely done) but all in the white and burgundy...

RE: 2022 FIFA World Cup - Brekkie - 02-12-2022

The BBC have both games tomorrow (with Strictly results at 5.40pm so they'll be praying for no extra time in the 3pm match), with only the England match on Sunday confirmed for ITV so far. Think they have "second pick" so presumably holding out to pick the best of the rest.

And yes, there are two schedules. ITV's is generally quite tidy with a film and the usual quiz shows filling in the slots (BTW, those 45 minute eps of Catchphrase from years ago have proven useful the last couple of weeks). BBC slightly more variable but not majorly so.