Pres Café
BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present (/showthread.php?tid=2)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present - ViridianFan - 11-09-2023

It’s most likely me, but have the BBC blocks been made bigger on the idents? Admittedly I haven’t watched BBC One on tv much recently so there may not have been any change.

RE: BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present - Stuart - 11-09-2023

(11-09-2023, 12:19 AM)ViridianFan Wrote:  It’s most likely me, but have the BBC blocks been made bigger on the idents? Admittedly I haven’t watched BBC One on tv much recently so there may not have been any change.
I don't think they have changed.  It would be rather difficult to do anyway, because of all the other elements within the idents such as objects passing in front of the graphics. It would be like making them all again from scratch that very few people would notice. You'd also then have to change the ones on the promos as they wouldn't match.

RE: BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present - Joe - 11-09-2023

It wouldn’t be a big job at all, the mask already exists - you just replace the logo layer with your new one.

However, it’s vanishly unlikely to have been done because they are consistently placed across trails, channels and more.

RE: BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present - ScottishTVGuy - 11-09-2023

(11-09-2023, 12:19 AM)ViridianFan Wrote:  It’s most likely me, but have the BBC blocks been made bigger on the idents? Admittedly I haven’t watched BBC One on tv much recently so there may not have been any change.

No, the blocks haven’t changed size.

RE: BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present - dvboy - 11-09-2023

Wednesday's first episode of Celebrity Race Across the World has been pulled due to the earthquake in Morocco and replaced by DIY SOS.

RE: BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present - ViridianFan - 12-09-2023

(11-09-2023, 07:41 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  No, the blocks haven’t changed size.
Thanks. They were bigger on my TV because my stupid housemate had been fiddling with setting’s but as he doesn’t have a clue managed to zoom in! Then being brave he decided to not say anything. Penny never dropped that the logo was right at the top of the screen! Sorry for the false alarm!

RE: BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present - arbrax - 12-09-2023

fwiw I keep getting confused as well sometimes because for some reason my TV just likes to zoom in and out at random notice so you're not alone in this lol

RE: BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present - Stuart - 13-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 07:58 PM)arbrax Wrote:  fwiw I keep getting confused as well sometimes because for some reason my TV just likes to zoom in and out at random notice so you're not alone in this lol
I also once had an issue where my TV would dim the screen during end credit sequences because of the stark white-on-black nature of them.

I had obviously tinkered too much, so just put it back to 'factory settings', and did some research by reading the online manual before I meddled again.

I have also noticed that with a Fire Stick, if the image is static it will zoom in gradually. First World problems. Tongue

RE: BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present - Andrew Wood - 16-09-2023

Parts of Dave's old presentation, namely the static pieces such as break bumpers, would very slowly zoom in. However it did seem erratically applied.

RE: BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present - Andrew - 17-10-2023

I notice from Asa’s TV Home site, when the national news has two presenters, the South East always play out special announcements into the news bulletins naming everyone

https://www.tvhome.co.uk/bbc-one/2023/10/17/2200 

Here in Yorkshire they stick to the rigid one national, one local presenter announcements meaning the studio presenter doesn’t get a billing.

Even when they’ve had to grab someone in the newsroom to record a new announcement for an unusual line up, they still don’t name the studio presenter

So at lunchtime we will have a newly recorded “Lyse Doucet and Clare Frisby” with poor old Ben Brown not getting a name check.