Pres Café
BBC Breakfast - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC Breakfast (/showthread.php?tid=204)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: BBC Breakfast - alfiejmulcahy - 22-02-2023

(22-02-2023, 05:40 PM)AaronLancs Wrote:  
(22-02-2023, 04:58 PM)Keith Wrote:  I think it's important to note the reply was "and maybe also North West Tonight", meaning it's not a definite yet. With the News Channel & World News merging it gives the opportunity to shake up the schedules and move Sportsday (or the equivalent) away from the 6.30pm timeslot. I'd imagine the late NWT bulletins and Breakfast updates would likely use the same alternative/smaller studio.

Going into conjecture territory here.

Wonder if that is why Carol Lowe over on Twitter has mentioned that NWT is either among the last or is the last to receive a Studio B style regional studio as they are seeing what the situation is with Sportsday / Sport Today* first and hoping to do an instant transfer from the current SQ2 - I believe it is called as it was alluded to either in the Blue or Purple Places - to the new studio when the time comes. Kind of hedging one's bets given the amount of shared staff for Breakfast and NWT and the ease of using one studio instead of two.

*Delete as appropriate for whatever brand they go for.

I can see them keeping Sport Today and Sportsday, purely due to video and image rights.

RE: BBC Breakfast - DTV - 22-02-2023

(22-02-2023, 05:55 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  I can see them keeping Sport Today and Sportsday, purely due to video and image rights.
The early press releases, while suggesting there would be more sports content on the new channel, stated that it would be "a mixture of the UK-facing Sportsday and new global-facing sports programmes".

RE: BBC Breakfast - Pootle - 22-02-2023

(22-12-2022, 04:38 AM)Stuart Wrote:  
(22-12-2022, 03:17 AM)chris Wrote:  That sofa looks pretty cramped!
It does looked rather compact, but you can't actually see all of it there. The previous picture we've seen (repeated below) made it look the same size as the current one, but now it seems the diameter could be shorter.

I hope that's not the final resting place for the sofa. It would be a waste of a nice set if it was.

[Image: Breakfast-New-2022.jpg]
The tall black rectangles with grey sides (one on far left of photo and on the right behind the orange fence) appear to be screens which can show stuff on the surface you can see (outside the studio). I suspect you might see shots similar to this photo on air.

RE: BBC Breakfast - MFTJA - 22-02-2023

(22-02-2023, 12:51 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Another image has surfaced of the new studio, but it's difficult to see how it's progressing.

https://twitter.com/back_the_BBC/status/1628104258183626769?s=20 
If what we can see in that photo are the back of the video walls, it would make sense. They had originally planned to put Breakfast in that studio, but didn't because of the view out onto the plaza. Presumably they didn't trust the public not to interfere with the programme. It seems like a good idea to block that window with video walls and then utilise the other windows onto the newsroom to create a good, live backdrop and not run the risk of having someone messing around outside being in view.

RE: BBC Breakfast - DTV - 22-02-2023

(22-02-2023, 07:38 PM)Pootle Wrote:  The tall black rectangles with grey sides (one on far left of photo and on the right behind the orange fence) appear to be screens which can show stuff on the surface you can see (outside the studio). I suspect you might see shots similar to this photo on air.
They would appear to be the equivalent of monoliths for this studio, but am not entirely sure they're 'double-sided' as it were. The back of scenery is often painted black and if you look at the top and bottom of each tower, there are some technical things that don't look especially LED panel screen side to me.

Nonetheless, all appears to be shaping up to be the first decent BBC Breakfast set in at least a generation.

RE: BBC Breakfast - agentsquash - 22-02-2023

(22-02-2023, 05:40 PM)AaronLancs Wrote:  
(22-02-2023, 04:58 PM)Keith Wrote:  I think it's important to note the reply was "and maybe also North West Tonight", meaning it's not a definite yet. With the News Channel & World News merging it gives the opportunity to shake up the schedules and move Sportsday (or the equivalent) away from the 6.30pm timeslot. I'd imagine the late NWT bulletins and Breakfast updates would likely use the same alternative/smaller studio.

Going into conjecture territory here.

Wonder if that is why Carol Lowe over on Twitter has mentioned that NWT is either among the last or is the last to receive a Studio B style regional studio as they are seeing what the situation is with Sportsday / Sport Today* first and hoping to do an instant transfer from the current SQ2 - I believe it is called as it was alluded to either in the Blue or Purple Places - to the new studio when the time comes. Kind of hedging one's bets given the amount of shared staff for Breakfast and NWT and the ease of using one studio instead of two.

*Delete as appropriate for whatever brand they go for.

Surely NWT would be last/near last because it is a relatively modern studio (by BBC regional standards!) and already HD capable?

RE: BBC Breakfast - AM160 - 23-02-2023

Quote:[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]They had originally planned to put Breakfast in that studio, but didn't because of the view out onto the plaza. Presumably they didn't trust the public not to interfere with the programme. [/font][/color]
Kind of.. the studio was meant to be in the corner of the ground floor though.

The 2016 olympics was complex, involving two galleries. There was no way the programme could have stayed down there at that point. 

Part of this build is sorting that out

NWT will not be coming from that space on the ground floor.

RE: BBC Breakfast - Admin PC - 23-02-2023

Some recent posts in this thread have been moved across to the BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger thread.

RE: BBC Breakfast - ConorW2000 - 23-02-2023

I think NWT should stay in the existing Studio, you could utilise it as a studio for the sports bulletins as well.

Apparently the sofa on the new set can rotate so the cameras can ether face away from the window to the newsroom or in front of the LED wall.

My guess is April will be when they move to the new set, in line with the BBC News/World Merger.

RE: BBC Breakfast - AM160 - 23-02-2023

Quote:[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I think NWT should stay in the existing Studio, you could utilise it as a studio for the sports bulletins as well. [/font][/color]
The downstairs studio is shared between breakfast and sport. It will be used for sports bulletins (if thats what you meant!!)

Quote:[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]My guess is April will be when they move to the new set, in line with the BBC News/World Merger.[/font][/color]

Nope.. May/June is more likely.