Thread Closed

BBC Breakfast

Good to see Victoria Fritz covering half term this week.

Or Victoria Valentine, as she's now known.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • UTVLifer

Wasn't sure where best to post this, but I've seen in a recent tweet from Kim Leadbeater MP a photo taken on the ground floor of Quay House beside what I believe is the under-construction studio for Breakfast and Sport.

twitter.com 

I have walked past the building myself a couple of times lately and seen through the window the set being built, it has a big curved screen as in Studio B, and, from looking at the photo above, there's a tower screen in there too. I'm not too sure what the walls are made from, it seems to be some sort of black metal frame with equipment attached, maybe lighting or projectors of some description?

It's a lot taller a space than the current Breakfast studio upstairs, so it should hopefully look a bit less claustrophobic on screen.
[-] The following 8 users Like warbler's post:
  • denton, Former Member 406, Independent, Jayesyn, Keith, neonemesis, Newsroom, Stuart

Charlie Stayt ended up presenting alone this morning when Naga vacated the sofa at the 6.30 junction because her voice went.

It appears there was nobody else in the building who could sit in as has been the case in the past. The business presenter was on location and the sport was live from Doha.

"Naga Munchetty storms off BBC Breakfast sofa live on air"

"Naga Munchetty quits BBC Breakfast"

Copyright All News Websites.
[-] The following 9 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, ginnyfan, Kojak, Newsroom, Rolling News, Scratch_Perry, UTVLifer, Yorksman

(18-11-2022, 10:02 AM)Omnipresent Wrote:  "Naga Munchetty storms off BBC Breakfast sofa live on air"

"Naga Munchetty quits BBC Breakfast"

Copyright All News Websites.

HA! Probably, haven't looked. Just caught Charlie explaining why he was solo.

If you say so Charlie. Bet you’ve had a falling out

(18-11-2022, 10:25 AM)thomalex Wrote:  If you say so Charlie. Bet you’ve had a falling out

If you go back to the start of Breakfast on iPlayer, you can hear straight away that it sounded like Naga Munchetty's voice was on the verge of going, from the first word she spoke.
Indeed, it seems as if Charlie Stayt read the first headline instead of her. She introduced Iain Watson at 6:08 - with her voice no better - thanked him at the end after asking no questions. She seems to have left during the weather at 6:15, with Charlie Stayt first explaining the situation at 6:20.
[-] The following 2 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • Happy2001, TVFan

Was there strong language used on the show this morning? Go to watch it on the iPlayer and a warning appears.

Probably when Naga stormed off the set.
[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Rolling News

During an interview with Ryan Moloney about Neighbours, he said what he calls his farm.

There's a clip on Scott Bryan's twitter for those interested.
[-] The following 3 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • bkman1990, Rolling News, Spencer
Thread Closed