Pres Café
BBC Breakfast - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC Breakfast (/showthread.php?tid=204)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: BBC Breakfast - MFTJA - 23-02-2023

(23-02-2023, 07:33 PM)ConorW2000 Wrote:  I think NWT should stay in the existing Studio, you could utilise it as a studio for the sports bulletins as well.
Why? There's a flashy new studio being built that likely won't be used during the times NWT is on air. Closing/mothballing the awkwardly shaped studio with low ceilings would save money and mean NWT viewers finally get a decently sized regional studio. 

As for sport bulletins, we obviously don't know exactly what'll happen with them after the merger, however they could continue to use the temporary studio they're in at the minute if the new one on the ground floor isn't available for whatever reason.

AM160 - AM160 - 23-02-2023

Quote:[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Why? There's a flashy new studio being built that likely won't be used during the times NWT is on air.[/font][/color]

It likely will.. 

Quote:[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]however they could continue to use the temporary studio they're in at the minute if the new one on the ground floor isn't available for whatever reason.[/font][/color]

nope.. it’s temporary. Sport will broadcast from the ground floor when everything is up and running properly.

RE: BBC Breakfast - Stuart - 23-02-2023

(23-02-2023, 08:09 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  Why? There's a flashy new studio being built that likely won't be used during the times NWT is on air. Closing/mothballing the awkwardly shaped studio with low ceilings would save money and mean NWT viewers finally get a decently sized regional studio. 

As for sport bulletins, we obviously don't know exactly what'll happen with them after the merger, however they could continue to use the temporary studio they're in at the minute if the new one on the ground floor isn't available for whatever reason.
I have previously thought this, but was provided with many reasons by our fellow forumers as to why that's not possible.

I accepted that BBC Sport requires use of the new/refurbished space on the Ground Floor more than NWT.

RE: BBC Breakfast - agentsquash - 23-02-2023

(23-02-2023, 08:09 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  
(23-02-2023, 07:33 PM)ConorW2000 Wrote:  I think NWT should stay in the existing Studio, you could utilise it as a studio for the sports bulletins as well.
Why? There's a flashy new studio being built that likely won't be used during the times NWT is on air. Closing/mothballing the awkwardly shaped studio with low ceilings would save money and mean NWT viewers finally get a decently sized regional studio. 

For a regional studio? For BBC regional coverage, NWT has one of the best studios out of the current pack. Even before the move to Salford!

The Studio B move for London made sense, as it frees up D and means you’re only using a single gallery. SQ2 on the other hand would probably be a good size for the standard regional layout coming.

Of course, sport could move entirely to the VR set (but isn’t that in dock10?)

RE: AM160 - MFTJA - 23-02-2023

(23-02-2023, 08:22 PM)AM160 Wrote:  nope.. it’s temporary. Sport will broadcast from the ground floor when everything is up and running properly.
I'm not suggesting they won't, merely that the temporary space they're in is perfectly sufficient as a backup/secondary studio when the new studio launches.

RE: BBC Breakfast - DTV - 23-02-2023

(23-02-2023, 10:21 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  For a regional studio? For BBC regional coverage, NWT has one of the best studios out of the current pack.
All the best studios are a weird L shape, have a severely acute angle in the corner attached to the main wall and a lighting grid so low that tall presenters have to be careful with.

RE: BBC Breakfast - agentsquash - 23-02-2023

(23-02-2023, 10:59 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(23-02-2023, 10:21 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  For a regional studio? For BBC regional coverage, NWT has one of the best studios out of the current pack.
All the best studios are a weird L shape, have a severely acute angle in the corner attached to the main wall and a lighting grid so low that tall presenters have to be careful with.

I guess I was thinking more equipment wise… at least they’re not Barcos!

RE: BBC Breakfast - DTV - 24-02-2023

(23-02-2023, 11:43 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  I guess I was thinking more equipment wise… at least they’re not Barcos!
Yeah, from that perspective it is very reasonably kitted out - and actually always quite well lit, despite the sub-optimal grid. The 103" plasmas also still look very sharp - especially considering they must nearly be 12 years old and Studio B's looked a bit knackered towards the end.

Barcos I was never as down on as some, but I'd be surprised if you could even stack two in that studio - plus think of how much space you'd lose behind them - it'd look even more cramped.

RE: BBC Breakfast - DrewF - 26-02-2023

Breakfast is being presented solo this morning - I wonder if this will become a regular Sunday thing given the cutbacks to BBC News?

RE: BBC Breakfast - Stuart - 26-02-2023

Breakfast is single-header this morning with Ben Thompson. If there was an explanation then I missed it.

At weekends, I don't see why they shouldn't be single-header anyway, as there are pre-recorded back half hours. A single presenter would still have interaction with the weather person and sports reporter.