Pres Café
BBC Breakfast - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC Breakfast (/showthread.php?tid=204)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: BBC Breakfast - Steve in Pudsey - 12-04-2023

The camera pointing down into the set may be a "snoop" camera, just so the Director can see what's happening on the studio floor rather than being for broadcast.

RE: BBC Breakfast - AaronLancs - 12-04-2023

Here is a question I have been pondering and a wee bit nerdy in a database way. Given the works of reversioning SQ2's gallery of late to make the ground floor studio work and the upstairs one in time. Where does this leave the "SQ" studio desginations? Sorry to be a pain and take this into super nerdy territory.

RE: BBC Breakfast - steve - 12-04-2023

(12-04-2023, 06:22 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  The camera pointing down into the set may be a "snoop" camera, just so the Director can see what's happening on the studio floor rather than being for broadcast.

No, it's a broadcast quality camera. Whether it will stay there for launch, I'm not sure. But at the moment imagine the angle from the trundle cam in NBH towards the studio.

RE: BBC Breakfast - agentsquash - 12-04-2023

(12-04-2023, 03:49 AM)Stuart Wrote:  
(12-04-2023, 03:18 AM)xlalonce Wrote:  Just Maybe is that they may think on using that side of the towers either for explainers or for the sport segments when NWT is using the main area (pre-recorded or even live, if the updates on the gallery is to allow handling 2 outputs ala CNN DC with Studios A/B)
I don't think NWT are intending to use this new set on the Ground Floor. 

Both studios share the same gallery, but I think NWT are trapped in their weirdly shaped studio in the 2nd floor for the foreseeable.

I suspect the issue preventing NWT using the new studio is Sportsday (or whatever it’s called post merger) needing a studio at the same time.

It would also leave NWT as being the only studio not looking like a clone of Studio B in the regions. But then again, has the North West ever really followed the national studio trend?

RE: BBC Breakfast - Spencer - 12-04-2023

(12-04-2023, 11:33 AM)agentsquash Wrote:  
(12-04-2023, 03:49 AM)Stuart Wrote:  I don't think NWT are intending to use this new set on the Ground Floor. 

Both studios share the same gallery, but I think NWT are trapped in their weirdly shaped studio in the 2nd floor for the foreseeable.

I suspect the issue preventing NWT using the new studio is Sportsday (or whatever it’s called post merger) needing a studio at the same time.

It would also leave NWT as being the only studio not looking like a clone of Studio B in the regions. But then again, has the North West ever really followed the national studio trend?
NWT is getting the new regional set, as revealed back in January by one of their producers.

https://twitter.com/carollowe98/status/1615440799759491090?s=46&t=118mt-31gBN-8Ts8pwH4Vw 

RE: BBC Breakfast - London Lite - 12-04-2023

BBC London will be the exception to the rule as they won't have the identikit set, continuing to use desks in B and D although they have the towers in both studios.

RE: BBC Breakfast - Stuart - 13-04-2023

(12-04-2023, 01:43 PM)Spencer Wrote:  NWT is getting the new regional set, as revealed back in January by one of their producers.
https://twitter.com/carollowe98/status/1615440799759491090?s=46&t=118mt-31gBN-8Ts8pwH4Vw 
The current 2nd floor NWT studio isn't small. In fact, in terms of floor space it's larger than the refurbished Breakfast/Sport studio on the ground floor. 

The issue has always been the very low lighting rig and weird shape because it's in the corner of space originally intended for offices in an oddly shaped building.

They can certainly put in one of those NBH-style sets, but I think they'll have to sacrifice the narrower end of the studio for camera use or reconfigure the studio to have the set in the middle and waste quite a lot of space.

It will look similar to all the other English regions - if you're into 'sofa news', which they've put up with for a while in the North West and other areas.

I dread the day they downgrade Plymouth to one of these. Dodgy

RE: BBC Breakfast - AaronLancs - 13-04-2023

(13-04-2023, 07:39 AM)Stuart Wrote:  
(12-04-2023, 01:43 PM)Spencer Wrote:  NWT is getting the new regional set, as revealed back in January by one of their producers.
The current 2nd floor NWT studio isn't small. In fact, in terms of floor space it's larger than the refurbished Breakfast/Sport studio on the ground floor. 

The issue has always been the very low lighting rig and weird shape because it's in the corner of space originally intended for offices in an oddly shaped building.

They can certainly put in one of those NBH-style sets, but I think they'll have to sacrifice the narrower end of the studio for camera use or reconfigure the studio to have the set in the middle and waste quite a lot of space.

It will look similar to all the other English regions - if you're into 'sofa news', which they've put up with for a while in the North West and other areas.

I dread the day they downgrade Plymouth to one of these. Dodgy

One does wonder if with NWT remaining where it is as it seems to being alluded to if they do something. Because of how and what the studio space behaves as is if they would be brave enough to flip the set and have something like below in the altered image below.

[Image: FLIPPED.jpg]
Original Image Source: TV Live - BBC Midlands Today: 2023-

RE: BBC Breakfast - steve - 13-04-2023

Or flip the set direction in the studio so the video screens sit against where the cameras currently are which would allow them to do the set the same way round as everywhere else. The door is at the very narrow end of the studio, so would probably still work.

RE: BBC Breakfast - VMPhil - 13-04-2023

Yes I'm a big fan of CBB sdnaldiM yadoT's flipped set. Must be difficult for the newsreaders to read their reverse scripts though.