Pres Café
BBC Breakfast - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC Breakfast (/showthread.php?tid=204)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: BBC Breakfast - Moz - 23-06-2023

The time and date on the balcony is interesting…

RE: BBC Breakfast - UTVLifer - 23-06-2023

It's giving 'The Nine' vibes but I quite like it

RE: BBC Breakfast - EastCoast - 23-06-2023

Now this looks like a national breakfast show set! The red sofa looks fine, especially considering it’ll be against a cityscape backdrop most of the time anyway. CNN News Central also uses a red, orange, and blue color palette which looks good on air.

RE: BBC Breakfast - DTV - 23-06-2023

Obviously will have to wait to see how it all comes together on air before making a full judgement, but quite a nice looking set - particularly a good mix of things based on the Studio B set and some unique elements - shame that the Scotland set wasn't afforded the same level of creativity. In all, probably the best Breakfast set in at least 15 years, if not ever (to be honest, the programme's not yet really had a good one).

There are a few quibbles I have though - the catwalk videowall looks a bit low down, and unnecessarily so; and the newsroom backdrop does look a bit darkly lit - I hope we haven't got another Cardiff-style lighting disaster. I also can't really say I'm a big fan of the coffee table design or the fact that the backdrop is of the building they are in. I also feel it'd be better if the above screen panelling had a bit more depth to it, as per in B.

The new graphics as we've seen them so far look fine - though I suppose it's really a question of how they animate. They seem to be going down the same abstract circles style as the recent BBC News programmes, though the shots seen in the above images do appear somewhat more like a finished product than the four recent proof-of-concept-esque title sequences.

RE: BBC Breakfast - bilky asko - 23-06-2023

(23-06-2023, 11:04 AM)Flux Wrote:  Maybe so, but in this instance I think it looks rather ugly. I like the blue and orange they've gone with in the graphics - it feels different/fresh - but the red sofa sticks out a bit like an old relic. And let's be honest, if it wasn't for the perceived association of the red sofa, no set designer would have chosen to pair a red sofa with the rest of that colour scheme. It's very reminiscent of Daybreak bringing in a giant red sofa when they still had the deep purple graphics, resulting in an overall look which wasn't fully cohesive.

I personally think they overestimate how much the general public associate a "red" sofa with Breakfast anyway. If it was a shade of blue on Monday, I doubt anyone would really care and (in my opinion) the overall look of the programme would benefit. From what's been released so far, I think the Sportsday set looks much nicer because its colour scheme is unified and hasn't been hampered or compromised by a sofa colour.

I don't think it sticks out all that much - I think it's perfectly acceptable for them to use more than two colours for a set.

RE: BBC Breakfast - Clark - 23-06-2023

(23-06-2023, 11:09 AM)Moz Wrote:  The time and date on the balcony is interesting…

Where are these images from? Can’t see it in the press release

RE: BBC Breakfast - mdta - 23-06-2023

(23-06-2023, 11:37 AM)Clark Wrote:  Where are these images from? Can’t see it in the press release

Moz has his sources...

RE: BBC Breakfast - Stuart - 23-06-2023

It looks like a very good use of the space. But I see they've managed to build in the moiré effect into the PR shots of the screens. Confused

I always thought they were going to do something functional with the 'outside shot looking in', and it seems it could be for TOTH/BOTH, time and date stamping using AR on the balcony. It looks quite cool.

I much prefer the look in Sport mode. The change to teal is good. It looks as though the sofa cushions are changeable, so someone's Nan is out of a job making stretch covers.

One of these new sofas needs to go into 54D as a matter of urgency - I think the Newsnight Editor should start a GoFundMe campaign if he doesn't have the money for one.

RE: BBC Breakfast - harshy - 23-06-2023

It’s coming from Salford so I think we will be impressed if it was coming from NBH you’d be concerned based on their recent efforts.

RE: BBC Breakfast - Moz - 23-06-2023

(23-06-2023, 12:16 PM)Stuart Wrote:  It looks like a very good use of the space. But I see they've managed to build in the moiré effect into the PR shots of the screens. Confused

What’s this moiré effect everyone goes on about that I can’t see?