Pres Café
BBC Breakfast - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC Breakfast (/showthread.php?tid=204)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: BBC Breakfast - Milkshake - 23-06-2023

Im rather clueless here so please beg my pardon:

* Is BBC Breakfast moving into the same studio as BBC Sport is right now?
* If it is moving what is the plans for the current studio?

RE: BBC Breakfast - news junkie - 23-06-2023

(23-06-2023, 05:01 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Im rather clueless here so please beg my pardon:

I believe that Breakfast is moving in to the original sport studio and sharing with sport.

Currently BBC Sport is in a studio that was used for the BBC North West Breakfast opts.

Sport are in that temporary news studio due to the refurb of the sport studio

RE: BBC Breakfast - oscillon - 23-06-2023

(23-06-2023, 05:01 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Im rather clueless here so please beg my pardon:

1) Both Breakfast and Sport are moving to the same brand new studio that they will share

2) Well, current Breakfast studio houses NWT and it will presumably still do it. Current Sport set is said to be temporary.

RE: BBC Breakfast - Former Member 406 - 23-06-2023

BBC Sport news updates & Sportsday have been temporarily decamped to a small studio for several months.

The previous Sport set, which was essentially a circular glass bubble in the middle of the BBC Sports Centre newsroom/office on the Ground Floor, was dismantled. The months of structural changes have resulted in the new cuboid set made out of LED screens where the aforementioned glass circle set used to be. Unlike previously, when the Sport set was *only* for Sport, it will now be shared with Breakfast.

NWT will stay in its current studio, but no longer sharing with Breakfast. I don't know which storey(s) of the building the current main NWT studio, or the small studio to which Sport has been decamped, is/are located.

At some point within the next 12 months, NWT will decamp (presumably to the same small studio that Sport has been decamped to), so that an LED set like already seen in several other regions can be built in the current main NWT studio.

RE: BBC Breakfast - all new phil - 23-06-2023

Presumably the plan is for the One to move into this set eventually too?

Have to say - this does look fab.

RE: BBC Breakfast - Hemsright - 23-06-2023

NWT has missed a great oppurtunity to move into the new studio, It's really sad as a person from the north west to not see North West get an upgrade we've been begging for. And to see a new studio being built, in salford, 2 floors down, got me really excited that NWT will get a new studio, but when I saw that NWT won't be moving to this new studio and will get the boring regional studio made me really upset. There is no point in replacing a horrible studio layout, with another horrible studio layout. I really hope in the near future salford changes their mind and move NWT in the new studio.

RE: BBC Breakfast - Stuart - 23-06-2023

(23-06-2023, 05:17 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  I don't know which storey(s) of the building the current main NWT studio, or the small studio to which Sport has been decamped, is/are located.

At some point within the next 12 months, NWT will decamp (presumably to the same small studio that Sport has been decamped to), so that an LED set like already seen in several other regions can be built in the current main NWT studio.
The current NWT 'studio' is just an inconveniently placed area of converted office space on the 2nd floor.  It's an area of the building with curved outside walls. The current Sport studio and CSO cupboard for opts are just down the hallway on the same floor.

They could have chosen anywhere else in which to place it other than in a space in the building with that weird shape.

You have to wonder about how these people think when planning.

"I'm wanting to create a broadcast studio from new office space. Is there a completely unsuitably shaped area I can use?"

RE: BBC Breakfast - Brekkie - 23-06-2023

(23-06-2023, 05:43 PM)Hemsright Wrote:  NWT has missed a great oppurtunity to move into the new studio, It's really sad as a person from the north west to not see North West get an upgrade we've been begging for. And to see a new studio being built, in salford, 2 floors down, got me really excited that NWT will get a new studio, but when I saw that NWT won't be moving to this new studio and will get the boring regional studio made me really upset. There is no point in replacing a horrible studio layout, with another horrible studio layout. I really hope in the near future salford changes their mind and move NWT in the new studio.

For me it would make more sense for NWT to move there and Sportsday to stay where it is, which is more than sufficient for sports news bulletins - especially now they've been reduced.   They could probably still use it at weekends with any clashing NWT bulletins in the breakfast bulletin studio.

RE: BBC Breakfast - Keith - 23-06-2023

(23-06-2023, 05:13 PM)news junkie Wrote:  I believe that Breakfast is moving in to the original sport studio and sharing with sport.

Currently BBC Sport is in a studio that was used for the BBC North West Breakfast opts.

Sport are in that temporary news studio due to the refurb of the sport studio
There's also the space that NWT are using for their Breakfast bulletins, which I seem to recall is a converted edit suite or similar.

Worth noting that NWT's original Breakfast opt-out which is currently being used by Sport was somehow expanded. Not sure how much bigger it now is as a result.

Presumably NWT's temporary Breakfast bulletin space will be returned to its previous use from next week.

RE: BBC Breakfast - J102B - 23-06-2023

NWT is broadcasting at the same time as Sportsday on the News channel. So unless that can be resolved, I very much doubt that NWT can use it. Be thankful that NWT can be seen in HD, unlike other regions which are upscaled.

Edit: Just to add, I think it would be a waste of a nice studio for NWT to move into it. Sports bulletins are being broadcast around the world on the news channel, surely it would be better for a (and don’t shoot me, I don’t have the figures) for a larger national/international audience to get use of the better studio than a local regional broadcast.