Pres Café
BBC Breakfast - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC Breakfast (/showthread.php?tid=204)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: BBC Breakfast - Brekkie - 23-06-2023

I suspect North West Tonight has the higher viewership - and AFAIK the 6.30 Sportsday bulletin only goes out in the UK anyway, so it certainly has the higher viewership of a few hundred thousand versus tens of thousand on the channel.

And not sure the argument of the "best studio" holds up given firstly how the UK opts are now treated but also the World Studio, and indeed even Studio E, are a step down from not just what Sportsday will have from next week but from what they've had ever since they've been in Salford anyway.

RE: BBC Breakfast - J102B - 23-06-2023

I get what you’re saying there Brekkie but also I feel why should NWT break the mould with their studio when there is a clearly branding initiative in the nations and regions, however bland it is.

This is a total hypothetical comment but perhaps this studio could be a model of what Studio E could look like in the future if it’s refitted.

I really like the studio, just a shame that the current graphics seem not to follow the guidelines set by the BBC.

RE: BBC Breakfast - Brekkie - 23-06-2023

On the other hand why should North West Tonight get it's own studio when BBC London no longer does? Ideally both would have their own studios, but it just seems odd the BBC can afford a dedicated regional studio up in Salford but not in London.

The trickier bit perhaps would be the handover if the One does move up to Salford, though unless the lunchtime edition is axed due to a longer One they'd be some sort of handover anyway. And of course switching from a network programme to another presenter taking over in the studio seconds later is nothing new at all - the 6/10 & London arrangement may be new but it had been happening on the news channel for years.

Perhaps though the redundancy is deliberate so that Breakfast has a back up location in Salford should they be unable to use their own studio - although I think other than those planned couple of weeks out of the studio during the Olympics every four years I can't recall them having an issue which meant they couldn't use the studio over the last 13 years.

RE: BBC Breakfast - J102B - 23-06-2023

I suppose in the case of BBC London, Studio B is the mould that every nation and region is following therefore wouldn’t be cost effective to rebuild a mini Studio B in NBH. Although I would be intrigued to see a green screen Studio B in that case. Not sure I have seen one yet. Although something is ringing to say perhaps it’s been done.

RE: BBC Breakfast - LondonViewer - 23-06-2023

I’m shocked. I actually like this set and it looks great for both Breakfast and Sport. Given almost every other BBC News set of the last few years, this is a big outlier.

RE: BBC Breakfast - nwtv2003 - 23-06-2023

I’m always reminded of this report from 2010 which suggests that NWT should’ve been housed on the ground floor where Sport eventually went, but that did not happen. I believe this report was from before it was confirmed Breakfast would move to Salford. I would hazard a guess that altered their plans for the use of the studio space.

https://youtu.be/SCxXqutemR0 

I can tolerate the current studio for NWT, it works fine for regional news, but it’s underwhelming for a national breakfast programme. Hopefully the new set up will look more prominent come Monday morning.

RE: BBC Breakfast - all new phil - 23-06-2023

(23-06-2023, 09:32 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  I’m always reminded of this report from 2010 which suggests that NWT should’ve been housed on the ground floor where Sport eventually went, but that did not happen. I believe this report was from before it was confirmed Breakfast would move to Salford. I would hazard a guess that altered their plans for the use of the studio space.

Surely it was the relocation of Sport that changed their plans? Breakfast moving there wouldn’t have made a difference given they share a studio. 

Agree with comments earlier that it should be Breakfast and NWT sharing the new set. I can’t get my head around why Sport needs such an elaborate space, especially one that’s significantly better than the one the news channel will be throwing to them from.

RE: BBC Breakfast - Worzel - 23-06-2023

(23-06-2023, 09:39 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Surely it was the relocation of Sport that changed their plans? Breakfast moving there wouldn’t have made a difference given they share a studio. 

Agree with comments earlier that it should be Breakfast and NWT sharing the new set. I can’t get my head around why Sport needs such an elaborate space, especially one that’s significantly better than the one the news channel will be throwing to them from.

To add further confusion into the mix, I thought I read over on TV Forum that both Breakfast and NWT were to share a studio on the ground floor overlooking the plaza but when the then Director General Mark Thompson visited there was some protest going on outside which made them rethink the plans if they were to have a studio with a real view.

RE: BBC Breakfast - PJamo - 23-06-2023

To go back to the new branding..........

Is it just me sees the blue circle as the earth, the yellow-y orange circle as the sun and the orange background as the morning sky; and the movement of the circle as a representation of the sun and earth moving in relation to one another each morning?

That occurred to me earlier and now I can't un-see it.

Just me then? Okay.......

RE: BBC Breakfast - mouseboy33 - 23-06-2023

Set is a bit meh for me. Kinda like all the others. Powerpoint-y graphics. Like the other graphics on BBC News channel. Its alright I guess.