Pres Café
BBC Breakfast - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC Breakfast (/showthread.php?tid=204)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: BBC Breakfast - Independent - 24-06-2023

I think the set looks great and the Sports graphics look great. The only criticism I have is the video wall. Like in London' Studio B, I find it too short. I don't know why they don't make them taller.
Looking at this picture from Moz, if money was not an issue, I wonder if they could have extended the studio out towards the left side of the picture to make it bigger. Does anyone know who's working in the newsroom? Sports, Breakfast, others, mix?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=501]

RE: BBC Breakfast - Nige - 24-06-2023

Would have liked the studio to have been expanded and also the grey wall (left of picture), needs light boxes to brighten the area.

RE: BBC Breakfast - Stuart - 24-06-2023

I've just realised from one of the Sport Mode pictures that the 'catwalk' is just a faux effect with a differently painted studio floor. That is unless cameras can now levitate . . . or 'walk' up stairs Tongue

RE: BBC Breakfast - AaronLancs - 24-06-2023

(24-06-2023, 02:26 AM)Stuart Wrote:  I've just realised from one of the Sport Mode pictures that the 'catwalk' is just a faux effect with a differently painted studio floor. That is unless cameras can now levitate . . . or 'walk' up stairs Tongue

Well, Daleks can elevate.

(24-06-2023, 03:11 AM)AaronLancs Wrote:  Well, Daleks can elevate.
Haha, yes they can. Unless they're in Studio B.  Big Grin

It's a rather clever visual effect in this small studio as they have actually put real catwalks in other studios to establish the concept, so people will just assume it's a similar real element.

RE: BBC Breakfast - Spencer - 24-06-2023

(24-06-2023, 04:57 AM)Stuart Wrote:  It's a rather clever visual effect in this small studio as they have actually put real catwalks in other studios to establish the concept, so people will just assume it's a similar real element.
It reminds me of the way the original 1960 indoor Coronation Street set had the pavement and kerb painted flat on the studio floor. Must be a Greater Manchester thing. Wink

JexedBack - JexedBack - 24-06-2023

(23-06-2023, 09:32 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  I’m always reminded of this report from 2010 which suggests that NWT should’ve been housed on the ground floor where Sport eventually went, but that did not happen. I believe this report was from before it was confirmed Breakfast would move to Salford. I would hazard a guess that altered their plans for the use of the studio space.

https://youtu.be/SCxXqutemR0 

I can tolerate the current studio for NWT, it works fine for regional news, but it’s underwhelming for a national breakfast programme. Hopefully the new set up will look more prominent come Monday morning.
North West were supposed to be in a studio on the ground floor when they moved to MediaCity, in fact in the space where the old BBC tours ended up being based. 
The Breakfast move to Salford was quite a late addition to the MediaCity project. Their editor at the time was worried about having people in the background while the programme was on-air. The initial intention was to have the NW/Breakfast studio with a window into the outside space, much like This Morning in Liverpool. Due to the editor’s concerns, the studio got moved to the second floor.

As part of this project the gallery that controls SQ2 has been refreshed and upgraded. From Monday it will control the new combined Breakfast/Sport studio and SQ2 for NW. The ground floor sport gallery has also been upgraded to for the new combined studio.

(24-06-2023, 06:36 AM)Spencer Wrote:  It reminds me of the way the original 1960 indoor Coronation Street set had the pavement and kerb painted flat on the studio floor. Must be a Greater Manchester thing. Wink
I was going to mention that. IIRC the Corrie actors of the time said they used to deliberately bend their knees to make it look as if they were stepping off/on to a kerb even though it was all a flat surface.

RE: BBC Breakfast - Spencer - 24-06-2023

(24-06-2023, 09:07 AM)Stuart Wrote:  I was going to mention that. IIRC the Corrie actors of the time said they used to deliberately bend their knees to make it look as if they were stepping off/on to a kerb even though it was all a flat surface.
I’d love to see them doing this in the new Breakfast/Sport studio. Big Grin

RE: BBC Breakfast - Keith - 24-06-2023

The (pre-recorded) report currently being shown on Breakfast is from a different studio. Could this be the new studio?