Pres Café
BBC Breakfast - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC Breakfast (/showthread.php?tid=204)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: BBC Breakfast - Stuart - 22-12-2022

(22-12-2022, 06:58 PM)AaronLancs Wrote:  Actually in two of the three - including the current - backdrops have had fake newsrooms. Albeit the one in Salford is more of a continuation of the TC7 one to be honest and even for me leaves a lot to be desired.
They weren't depictions of 'fake newsrooms'.

[list]
[*]The first of those, from 2009 was the stylised version of the design for NBH, oddly mixed with the British Airways HQ building.
[*]The second from 2012 was simply a vista with some empty red chairs and vertical banners with the programme colours.
[*]The current (from 2018) is just a stylised external view of MediaCityUK with a rippling water effect.
[/list]

None of those shouted 'newsroom', fake or otherwise.

Looking even further back, I can't find any set for Breakfast (or it's predecessors) which used a backdrop associated with a newsroom.

RE: BBC Breakfast - ConorW2000 - 23-12-2022

I wonder if BBC Breakfast will have a news ticker at the bottom, similar to what GMB have, once they move into the new studio.

Looking at the picture, it does suggest that they are almost done building the studio, so my guess is that it might be March time when they move in.

But then again it might be less complete or more complete than what the picture suggests.

RE: BBC Breakfast - lepeterrr - 23-12-2022

(23-12-2022, 07:47 PM)ConorW2000 Wrote:  I wonder if BBC Breakfast will have a news ticker at the bottom, similar to what GMB have, once they move into the new studio.

Looking at the picture, it does suggest that they are almost done building the studio, so my guess is that it might be March time when they move in.

But then again it might be less complete or more complete than what the picture suggests.
I'd predict it will launch at the same time of the Merger and Rebrand. Which I would assume would happen at the same time.

RE: BBC Breakfast - DTV - 23-12-2022

(23-12-2022, 08:16 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  I'd predict it will launch at the same time of the Merger and Rebrand. Which I would assume would happen at the same time.

This would've been my guess, but we haven't seen any movement in terms of studios at NBH which is tipping me away from thinking there'll be one big co-ordinated relaunch. Though, of course, they might planning a BBC World News 2008 thing with regards to the merger and have the new studio delayed for several months after the rebrand (though I can't say I'd be thrilled with the new channel launching in Studio C, which, while not necessarily showing its age, has been used in a fairly unflaterring way in recent years).

AM160 - AM160 - 23-12-2022

Quote:[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Looking at the picture, it does suggest that they are almost done building the studio, so my guess is that it might be March time when they move in.[/font][/color]

The shell is nearly complete, I’d guess theres at least another 5 months work before any broadcasting is done from there.

RE: AM160 - DTV - 23-12-2022

(23-12-2022, 10:12 PM)AM160 Wrote:  The shell is nearly complete, I’d guess theres at least another 5 months work before any broadcasting is done from there.

Very much gone are the days when a set was ripped out on Friday evening, a weekend was spent in a CSO cupboard and a new set was ready on Monday morning.

RE: BBC Breakfast - Worzel - 23-12-2022

(22-12-2022, 07:26 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(22-12-2022, 06:58 PM)AaronLancs Wrote:  Actually in two of the three - including the current - backdrops have had fake newsrooms. Albeit the one in Salford is more of a continuation of the TC7 one to be honest and even for me leaves a lot to be desired.
They weren't depictions of 'fake newsrooms'.

[list]
[*]The first of those, from 2009 was the stylised version of the design for NBH, oddly mixed with the British Airways HQ building.
[*]The second from 2012 was simply a vista with some empty red chairs and vertical banners with the programme colours.
[*]The current (from 2018) is just a stylised external view of MediaCityUK with a rippling water effect.
[/list]

None of those shouted 'newsroom', fake or otherwise.

Looking even further back, I can't find any set for Breakfast (or it's predecessors) which used a backdrop associated with a newsroom.
What about when BBC Breakfast briefly used the sports set for the Olympics in 2016? 

https://youtu.be/2oP2n_R5aXQ 

RE: BBC Breakfast - Stuart - 24-12-2022

(23-12-2022, 11:57 PM)Worzel Wrote:  
(22-12-2022, 07:26 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I can't find any set for Breakfast (or it's predecessors) which used a backdrop associated with a newsroom.
What about when BBC Breakfast briefly used the sports set for the Olympics in 2016? 

https://youtu.be/2oP2n_R5aXQ 
I think you answered your own question there, Worzel, as it wasn't their regular set.

RE: BBC Breakfast - DTV - 24-12-2022

Though not the regular weekday set, Breakfast did of course come from the BBC News 24/BBC News channel studio on weekends and bank holidays from 2000-2012 and initially featured headline summaries delivered from a set with N8's newsroom as a backdrop. I wouldn't say that a newsroom backdrop would be particularly out of place and I'd certainly rather have a live newsroom than an artifical (or worse badly photoshopped) one.

Maybe they'll have a rotating rostrum and be harking back to Breakfast's early years - the early hours with a newsroom backdrop, rotating to a lighter backdrop for the more frothy later hour.

RE: BBC Breakfast - DTV - 24-12-2022

(24-12-2022, 05:08 PM)CATV Wrote:  When I walked past I don't think there was any screen panels fitted, just the frame.  So there's still work to do before they even test it.

I have to say the studio looked small.  Might have a higher ceiling but it didn't look much bigger than the one they are in.  I was hoping for a bigger studio so there could be a desk and sofa.  Not as big as studio B but still.

The thing with the current studio is that it's actually a fairly decent size on paper - at around 155 sq m it has a floorspace area comparable to N6 and NBH-E. If it were rectangular and had a ceiling that was even 0.5m higher it would actually be quite a good studio.

The Sport newsroom area is 9m column centre to column centre. From the above pictures it looks like the space will be about one set of columns deep and one-and-a-third/half columns wide - so a space of about 108-120 sq m. This is notionally smaller, but will probably not feel any smaller due to the higher ceiling and less awkward shape. You also can't discount the level of depth you gain from having a real window.