Pres Café
Deal Or No Deal - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Deal Or No Deal (/showthread.php?tid=210)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Flux - 11-11-2023

(11-11-2023, 07:40 AM)Stuart Wrote:  I still don't understand the reason for dropping the maximum prize. It's not as if many people actually won it.

£100,000 wouldn't even buy you a bedsit in Jaywick. Dodgy

Even if no one ever won it, a higher maximum prize logistically pushes up all the banker’s offers as long as it remains in play. Over the course of a long run, it pushes up the average and that could make quite a difference to overall winnings that need to be paid out.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - JAS84 - 11-11-2023

Yeah, I'd say it'll reduce banker offers by at least a third? Is there a database anywhere of past games, showing the difference between offers with the quarter million in play, and with the 100,000 but not the 250,000 in play? The latter would be closer to what they'll offer on the new show.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - LouBlu08 - 11-11-2023

(10-11-2023, 09:04 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Someone has also kindly uploaded a clip of Stephen talking to ITV News taken on set so you get a good idea, although I'm pretty sure an offer after 7 boxes is wrong! (from memory at the recording it is the standard 5 box > 3 box etc although there is a new extra offer chucked in at 3 box)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3zxH-f-W54 

I got a bit of a laugh out of the new phone. It looks a lot more like a toy, can't wait for the replicas to be on store shelves next Christmas.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - JMT1985 - 11-11-2023

When Stephen was on The One Show, he said there is a different order now in opening boxes - in the original Channel 4 version the first round was five boxes opened before you got the first offer, that seems to have changed - Stephen said "you open two boxes in the first round, three boxes in the second round" so it seems they have decided to change the box opening amounts in this new version.

It used to be with Noel's version, first round five boxes opened, then each subsequent round it was three boxes opened until the next offer, and then you got to "Five Box" which during the seasonal specials was where they always threw in a curveball, a gimmick for that special run of shows.

With regards to dropping the top prize to £100,000 - simple pure cost cutting measure involved by ITV - no other reason.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Brekkie - 11-11-2023

The set looks pretty decent on screen. Kind of ironic the first trailer for it airs on the BBC.

£250k was perfectly pitched as the jackpot in the original run to have that dilemma between "smile money" and "life-changing money". The average payout in the C4 run was around £16k and I reckon the tweak to the gameboard here could see that drop to around £4-5k. It'll probably see more people go down the route of opening the box - always annoyed me when people saw that as playing the game when the game was never about taking away the money in the box on your table, it was about taking the most amount of money you could get out of the game.

I guess we'll see a Call and Lose competition back on the show for the first time since it was axed in the wake of the various phone in scandals. I wonder how much those competition entries did help cover the prize money in the early days of the original run.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - eyeTV - 11-11-2023

What's the earliest anyone has ever 'dealt' - surely nobody ever in the 1st or 2nd round. That's a lot of programme to then play out of no consequence.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - LouBlu08 - 11-11-2023

(11-11-2023, 05:56 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  What's the earliest anyone has ever 'dealt' - surely nobody ever in the 1st or 2nd round.  That's a lot of programme to then play out of no consequence.

I believe one player in the original run dealt at the second offer.
I’ve never seen anyone deal at the first offer on any version of the show. Outside of some kids I’ve seen playing the DOND arcade game but that doesn’t count.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - JMT1985 - 11-11-2023

Stephen on The One Show did slightly reveal that they did have a lot of losers on the show - seems this version has a very nasty banker in place and it seems they are not dealing at the right time. He mentioned it as a fly away comment, but he did say it.

So I guess ITV will not be worrying about big payouts on this show - the banker ensures they save every pound they can.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Jon - 11-11-2023

Well that’s literally how the format works.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Johnr - 11-11-2023

As I mentioned I’m fairly sure Stephen buggered up explaing the format and it is just the standard pattern apart from an extra offer at 3 box