Pres Café
Deal Or No Deal - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Deal Or No Deal (/showthread.php?tid=210)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Deal Or No Deal - arbrax - 20-11-2023

The new intro is criminally short, the tombola ad was longer AND it doesn't even have Stephen Mulhern running away from a big phone

All I'm saying is, it's a fumble

RE: Deal Or No Deal - RDJ - 20-11-2023

All the music cues are the same or similar as Channel 4, just some of the sound effects are different such as when amounts are taken from the tower.

Overall, it seems like ITV didn't want to tinker with the Channel 4 format too much, which is probably wise!

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Jon - 20-11-2023

Seems as though the Tombola sponsorship stings are responsive to the game taking place.

It all feels pretty faithful to the original, set looks nice.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - JMT1985 - 20-11-2023

(20-11-2023, 05:17 PM)RDJ Wrote:  All the music cues are the same or similar as Channel 4, just some of the sound effects are different such as when amounts are taken from the tower.

Overall, it seems like ITV didn't want to tinker with the Channel 4 format too much, which is probably wise!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it approach - the only reason Channel 4 ended Deal's original run was that it had been for there for over a decade and people got bored with it - Channel 4 literally milked the show to death - originally it was on five days a week, then increased to six days and then some times it was seven days a week. 

Then they did something which Noel said they should never have done, was to bring in celebrity specials - Noel said when Channel 4 went down that path, he felt this was the start of the decline of the show

If ITV don't do a "The Chase" on this, and milk the show to death once again, it should survive.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Jon - 20-11-2023

Didn’t Deal or No Deal start at 6 days a week? It was certainly 6 days from pretty early on. Countdown went to 6 days a week for a short while too.

With regards to the celebrity specials, I think that only happened at a time the daily show was already flagging and it probably needed to bring something more to justify its existence.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - eyeTV - 20-11-2023

Well apparently there are 2 Celebrity Specials in this run, presumably they will go out around Christmas / New Year.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Brekkie - 20-11-2023

(20-11-2023, 06:01 PM)Jon Wrote:  Didn’t Deal or No Deal start at 6 days a week? It was certainly 6 days from pretty early on. Countdown went to 6 days a week for a short while too.

With regards to the celebrity specials, I think that only happened at a time the daily show was already flagging and it probably needed to bring something more to justify its existence.

Yes, it was 6 days from the beginning.   Most of the time the weekend episode was late afternoon or early evening but they did occassionally push it more into primetime and make a bigger deal of it.   The weekend episode I think started on Saturdays then moved to Sundays - it probably should have been dropped much earlier than it was.

By current standards they didn't really have too many celebrity specials - just 15 episodes (including an 8 out of 10 Cats edition) out of nearly 3000 episodes, mostly in two series airing in 2012 and 2013.

As for the revival - a decent enough effort.   I've no issue with the presentation of it other than the dodgy looking phone and the titles being so short they might as well not bother.    A format like this though relies on viewers caring about the contestant, which makes the first show difficult.   The gameplay certainly suffers from losing the £250k jackpot (on the old board that opening offer would have been around £9k, not £2k).   Decent amount of money in the end though.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - callumwatchestelly - 20-11-2023

I still think the set and most of the graphics look horrible. As for the show itself however, I am pleasantly surprised.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - JAS84 - 20-11-2023

(20-11-2023, 06:01 PM)Jon Wrote:  Didn’t Deal or No Deal start at 6 days a week? It was certainly 6 days from pretty early on. Countdown went to 6 days a week for a short while too.

Of course one of those celebrities had been on the show before - Olly Murs had been on there as a civilian before he became a famous pop star! That must've got them some publicity at the time.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - freeview87 - 20-11-2023

It was a nice return, a break and a refresh has done the show wonders.