Pres Café
Deal Or No Deal - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Deal Or No Deal (/showthread.php?tid=210)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Neil Jones - 22-11-2023

(21-11-2023, 10:54 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Not sure what the highest jackpot on daytime TV was prior to Deal - ITV did have reality series Building the Dream which gave a house to the series winners.

Some formats were technically unlimited from the off, and then had a cap shoved on them. Most obvious example here is 100%, which somebody kept winning and then they kicked him off.

The Weakest Link used to offer (in theory) a jackpot of £10k, though nobody ever got anywhere near that, but most other shows were around the £2/£3/£5k mark at that time, though that seems to have come back towards £10k these days.

Tenable can in theory give away £125k per show, but you'd have to have all your ducks in a row and possibly be a bit jammy as well to get that.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Brekkie - 22-11-2023

Even an extra 5 seconds holding the studio shot before cutting to black would make all the difference.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Johnr - 22-11-2023

Maybe just me but I felt Stephen had got much more into his stride now we're in the second day of recording, the initial nerves seem to have worn off

Also it seems as if the audience were told to boo some of the offers a bit more which makes sense as the first couple of recordings there was literally no audience reaction whatsoever to some offers!

In a surprising twist there also seems to be a weekly viewer competition to win £1,000 but it is 100% completely free to enter!

RE: Deal Or No Deal - callumwatchestelly - 27-11-2023

Has anyone on here picked up on when an amount of money on here leaves the board a dubbed over Stephen Mulhern exclaims "The ___ is gone!" Why is that? What's the point of that?

RE: Deal Or No Deal - mdta - 27-11-2023

(27-11-2023, 09:52 AM)callumwatchestelly Wrote:  Has anyone on here picked up on when an amount of money on here leaves the board a dubbed over Stephen Mulhern exclaims "The ___ is gone!" Why is that? What's the point of that?

If he had forgotten to say it during the recording, the dubbing could be to help visually impaired viewers keep track of what is gone and what remains.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Brekkie - 27-11-2023

(27-11-2023, 09:52 AM)callumwatchestelly Wrote:  Has anyone on here picked up on when an amount of money on here leaves the board a dubbed over Stephen Mulhern exclaims "The ___ is gone!" Why is that? What's the point of that?

I picked up a couple of obvious dubs in the first episode but haven't noticed them since.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - JAS84 - 27-11-2023

Makes sense I guess, he needed practice before getting into the routine.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - SuperSajuuk - 29-11-2023

So todays' episode confirmed what Mulhern was referencing by "significant losers":

Alicia dealt at £4,150, which was too early. Had she played all the way to the end, she would have won £50,000 and been the highest winner of the new series so far. Her final offer was just above £31,000: currently the highest offer from the banker this series. I was expecting a 1p / 10p ending, having previously been offered a large amount of money that wasn't taken, but wasn't the case.

I have to say though, Mulhern is an ideal fit to carry the series forward in any future series. Even if there isn't always big winners (apart from the early years, there was one jackpot winner each calendar year in the Noel era), its a great game show where you get to see people agonising over potentially life changing money.

I strongly suspect ITV will commission new series in the future, since it has been pretty cheap in actual prize money given out so far, but we'll see if we get a big winner soon (but if that does happen, that will likely encourage them to keep it going in their schedules).

RE: Deal Or No Deal - JMT1985 - 29-11-2023

From what I have seen and heard, this initial run is excellent - very well produced and with a great host - yes, ITV should commission a new run.

However would ITV dare to use it as a 5pm replacement for The Chase, when they usually rely on repeats? I don't think they will, I think 4pm will be the slot.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - SuperSajuuk - 29-11-2023

(29-11-2023, 07:57 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  From what I have seen and heard, this initial run is excellent - very well produced and with a great host - yes, ITV should commission a new run.

However would ITV dare to use it as a 5pm replacement for The Chase, when they usually rely on repeats? I don't think they will, I think 4pm will be the slot.

Unlikely to replace the Chase, but 4pm is very likely to be its main slot: in the Noel days, that was its slot on Channel 4 (initially 4.15 - 5, then 4-5 when it became an hour long), so it has the consistency on that front for anyone who remembers the original.

Hopefully a new series is commissioned and maybe some tweaks to the money tree in time (as things stabiliise financially for everyone). Really enjoyed this series so far!