Pres Café
Deal Or No Deal - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Deal Or No Deal (/showthread.php?tid=210)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Deal Or No Deal - RhysJR - 29-11-2023

(29-11-2023, 08:06 PM)SuperSajuuk Wrote:  Unlikely to replace the Chase, but 4pm is very likely to be its main slot: in the Noel days, that was its slot on Channel 4 (initially 4.15 - 5, then 4-5 when it became an hour long), so it has the consistency on that front for anyone who remembers the original.

Hopefully a new series is commissioned and maybe some tweaks to the money tree in time (as things stabiliise financially for everyone). Really enjoyed this series so far!

The question will be then what is the future of Tipping Point? Will Deal or No Deal and Tipping Point alternate at 4pm like Tenable and Lingo do at 3pm?

Would Tipping Point have a higher production cost due to running of the machine, or would that be factored in with prize money budget etc.?

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Jon - 29-11-2023

I’m sure Deal or No Deal would be more expensive to produce, they’ve got audiences, more risk for the broadcaster more people to manage in the studio etc. I also think it’s got less repeat value, whereas you’re less likely to remember the outcome of an episode of Tipping Point even if you’ve seen it before. You also can’t really mix up repeats and new episodes like you can with most of the others.

Tipping Point should be fine, it’s Lingo that is perhaps more at risk. I think they’re have to be some rotation and possibly using the 2pm hour.

Don’t forget Tenable has already been axed, so they won’t have to accommodate that.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Ash101 - 29-11-2023

Ridiculous is/was filming a second series and we’ve got Jeopardy to come.

I quite like the idea of expanding out to the 2pm hour, I don’t really see the harm, especially if there’s a greater rotation of shows.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - SuperSajuuk - 29-11-2023

(29-11-2023, 08:24 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  The question will be then what is the future of Tipping Point? Will Deal or No Deal and Tipping Point alternate at 4pm like Tenable and Lingo do at 3pm?

Would Tipping Point have a higher production cost due to running of the machine, or would that be factored in with prize money budget etc.?

Tipping Point is probably cheap to produce in comparison to Deal or No Deal (max 4 contestants per day, no audience and a low jackpot that is rarely won), and it already takes breaks at different times of the year for various reasons. Series 13 only had 100 episodes, but all series from 2018 have been 165 episodes and it takes them a whole year to air all of that with their various breaks. That means they can churn out a batch of recordings over like spring/summer [or whenever they do their recordings] and then not have to touch it for another year, whereas DOND is more important to have it recorded and then aired relatively soon to avoid anyone leaking results before the show goes to air.

I could see a situation (if DOND was recommissioned) where Tipping Point is rotated out of the schedule with a batch of DOND episodes in November and at other key points of the year: in fact, DOND's first ever series was in November 2005 (more precisely, 31st October 2005), though unlike that first series which had 234 episodes produced, I would see the revival being much more limited in the number of episodes produced per series, and not being churned out like Tipping Point, due to the much higher prize on offer.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - iloveTV1 - 29-11-2023

(29-11-2023, 08:28 PM)Jon Wrote:  I’m sure Deal or No Deal would be more expensive to produce, they’ve got audiences, more risk for the broadcaster more people to manage in the studio etc. I also think it’s got less repeat value, whereas you’re less likely to remember the outcome of an episode of Tipping Point even if you’ve seen it before. You also can’t really mix up repeats and new episodes like you can with most of the others.

Tipping Point should be fine, it’s Lingo that is perhaps more at risk. I think they’re have to be some rotation and possibly using the 2pm hour.

Don’t forget Tenable has already been axed, so they won’t have to accommodate that.
Tenable was axed? Can’t seem to find anything about that online.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - JAS84 - 29-11-2023

Yeah, a quick search for Tenable cancelled just brings up clickbait headlines. It's cancelled because Riddiculous had taken the timeslot, or Lingo, or horse racing. Nothing says it's cancelled permanently from what I can see.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - eyeTV - 29-11-2023

I think the last contestant call for Tenable went out in November 2022, not seen anything since.

I think the best thing for Deal would be to share 4pm with Tipping Point. Would mean shorter runs for Tipping Point but that may not be a bad thing.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - JAS84 - 30-11-2023

That means nothing. I just looked at ITV's Be on TV page, and Riddiculous, The Chase, and Wheel of Fortune are there, but not Deal or No Deal, Jeopardy, Tipping Point or Lingo. Maybe they just haven't been filming because there's already a large amount of episodes in the can?

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Brekkie - 30-11-2023

I thought it had reportedly been cancelled but then I think it had a new casting call put out earlier this year.

Worth noting they've upped the repeat rate recently due to the advertising downturn, hence Lingo has only aired half of its new series with presumably the next batch to air in the New Year.

Deal is unlikely to get a continuous run like it did on C4 but suspect it might have a couple of runs a year of 30-40 episodes. If it shares the slot with Tipping Point that could probably have 80-100 new episodes itself.

As for this run - certainly is hurt by losing the £250k jackpot but keeping the payouts down to something that makes it viable. The more I see it though the more I appreciate how good Noel was.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - JMT1985 - 30-11-2023

(29-11-2023, 08:06 PM)SuperSajuuk Wrote:  Unlikely to replace the Chase, but 4pm is very likely to be its main slot: in the Noel days, that was its slot on Channel 4 (initially 4.15 - 5, then 4-5 when it became an hour long), so it has the consistency on that front for anyone who remembers the original.

Hopefully a new series is commissioned and maybe some tweaks to the money tree in time (as things stabiliise financially for everyone). Really enjoyed this series so far!
Now it is a success, maybe ITV will reconsider and bring £250,000 back as the top prize.