Pres Café
Deal Or No Deal - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Deal Or No Deal (/showthread.php?tid=210)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Deal Or No Deal - SuperSajuuk - 02-12-2023

I wonder if the premise of the banker has changed between series. Rather than trying to only buy it for the lowest value, he’s also trying to get players to deal very early with modest sums of money, knowing full well that in the current economic climate, people will be happy with just £5k or thereabouts. A lot of the offers have felt artificially low, but at the same time, a lot of the games in the revival have been started with the decimation of large values.

I’m not sure what game the banker is playing, but it seems to be a clever tactic, considering two players have now dealt early, with only Stevie dealing towards the end of the game despite having a higher prize in the box. We also haven’t seen the banker doing the dumb number games either [eg putting a repeat number in all the offers, such as the number 9 if the posyer is in the emergency services, or just fixating on a random number for no reason], but its only the first series of the revival, so hard to say if thats an indicator of a different personality for the banker this time around.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Johnr - 06-12-2023

(01-12-2023, 10:00 PM)Johnr Wrote:  The power of social media has ensured Brad is going to be receiving at least £20,000 (and rising!) for his bucket list so all's well that ends well

Brad was on GMB this morning and now the total is touching £80,000! (it pretty much doubled whilst he was doing the interview!)

Although he appreciated the money he also would like a Ben Shephard blanket  Big Grin (a shame Ben wasn’t presenting today but they mentioned they may be able to sort out a little something tomorrow)

Come on ITV, might as well give him a crack at Tipping Point next Wink

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Brekkie - 06-12-2023

Seems to be one far too lengthy deliberation in the show most days - they spent 6 minutes on the fourth offer today, then went to an ad break midway through the question, then spent another 3 minutes on it afterwards. That's essentially 12 minutes of TV where the game didn't progress.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - SuperSajuuk - 06-12-2023

This message contains a spoiler about the Wednesday gameplay, only click this if you want to know what happened:

Chaniece played the game today and, had she not dealt at just below £10k, would have become the first jackpot winner since Vicki Heenan.

Two gameplay elements were not used:

- The Banker's Gamble was not offered to the player, even though she had dealt and a vast value difference existed on the board (£1 and £100k). This added an important dimension to the final two boxes for players who had dealt, and I hope the Banker re-introduces this to his repertoire in future series.
- No swap was offered to Chaniece. I can see why it might not have been offered though: at the start of the original series in 2005, the swap was not automatically guaranteed at the start, but eventually the Banker did start offering it, and by the time of Alice winning the jackpot, the rule was that swap was offered if the jackpot was on the board at the end.

Will be interesting if anyone else can bring the jackpot and have the gumption to go all the way to the end

RE: Deal Or No Deal - JMT1985 - 06-12-2023

Remember a one hour show on ITV 1 has to fill around 45 minutes and I remember when Channel 4 moved it from a 45 minute slot to a one hour slot, Noel used to drag it out a lot. It really doesn't suit a one hour format, except for the specials they would do at Christmas, Halloween etc.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - bkman1990 - 07-12-2023

I watched Chaneice's game on repeat this morning and Stevie's game from last Friday.

It would have been so good for those two players to win those massive amounts of money from their boxes in those two games.

Alas; it wasn't to be for the two of them. They both won some money when they played the game. It is definitely better than nothing.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - JAS84 - 07-12-2023

The 1p club just got restarted. Contestant got a special penny with Stephen's face on it!

RE: Deal Or No Deal - SuperSajuuk - 07-12-2023

(07-12-2023, 05:57 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Spoilered contenthere

Spoiler is below, pls read only if u want one
Absolutely wild how we have gone from having the largest box on the table yesterday [and a potential new jackpot winner] to the lowest box today, and the restarting of the 1p club. Deal just has that ability to create such drama, in much the same way as you watch someone gamble for £1 million on Millionaire. I did like how he got a special 1p club coin with Stephen’s face on it though, that never happened in the original series.

Mod edit to hide spoiler

RE: Deal Or No Deal - eyeTV - 07-12-2023

So the Celebrity Special is with Michael Owen with his friends and family and some famous faces.

Sun 17 Dec 2023 at 7pm.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Brekkie - 07-12-2023

(07-12-2023, 07:35 PM)SuperSajuuk Wrote:  Spoiler is below, pls read only if u want one
Absolutely wild how we have gone from having the largest box on the table yesterday [and a potential new jackpot winner] to the lowest box today, and the restarting of the 1p club. Deal just has that ability to create such drama, in much the same way as you watch someone gamble for £1 million on Millionaire. I did like how he got a special 1p club coin with Stephen’s face on it though, that never happened in the original series.

Mod edit to hide spoiler

I think the trouble is this version isn't creating drama.  It's all pretty flat thanks to mainly being flat offers of a couple of grand which just font create those decision points that create drama.  Most of the big losersers like today haven't been down to playing the game or pushing their luck but more pure greed and stupidity in turning down offers which were worth more than the board in front of them.