Pres Café
Deal Or No Deal - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Deal Or No Deal (/showthread.php?tid=210)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Deal Or No Deal - eyeTV - 07-12-2023

I don't think I agree. The lower amounts seem to certainly be pushing people to take greater risks and playing on when they might otherwise deal. Whether people are acting out of greed or stupidity there is still drama in that.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - eyeTV - 09-12-2023

Any idea if the ratings have held up?

Into the last week already and many familiar faces from this run obviously won't get to play.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Jon - 09-12-2023

(09-12-2023, 03:20 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Any idea if the ratings have held up?

Into the last week already and many familiar faces from this run obviously won't get to play.
2.3 million earlier in the week apparently.  I think it was suggested Tipping Point usually does 1.7 million. Whilst the momentum is there they’d be wise to get some more recorded and on air as soon as possible.

I think the continuity is something that really makes DOND stand out from most of then daytime fare. And not just a collection of random disposable episodes.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Brekkie - 09-12-2023

(09-12-2023, 04:05 PM)Jon Wrote:  2.3 million earlier in the week apparently.  I think it was suggested Tipping Point usually does 1.7 million. Whilst the momentum is there they’d be wise to get some more recorded and on air as soon as possible.

I think the continuity is something that really makes DOND stand out from most of then daytime fare. And not just a collection of random disposable episodes.

That also makes it trickier to repeat though as a Tipping Point episode may get 1.7m on it's first outing but it probably won't get far off that when it's repeated too.   It remains to be seen what happens with Deal but it never particularly repeated well first time around.   They might get away with it more if they air repeats at 3pm and/or on ITV2 or ITV4 than airing them at 4pm.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Jon - 09-12-2023

I wonder if it might be worth ITV repeating the days game at 6pm on ITV 4, it’s certainly something that Channel 4 seemed to find some value in for a few years at least.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Brekkie - 09-12-2023

Yes - More4 aired it originally (I think they launched around the same time) - not sure how long it lasted in the 6pm slot as it was dropped at some point then I think they tried again when 4Seven launched before dropping it again.

ITV would probably rather people use ITVX if they want to watch it in the evening but I do think it'll likely either be added to the rotation of gameshows repeated on ITV2 or get an outing on ITV4 (like The Chase, 1% Club does). Mulhern is probably more ITV2 than ITV4, but it would fit on either.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - SuperSajuuk - 11-12-2023

"Play On" Pete becomes the second player in this series to take the jackpot £100k to the table, having dealt in almost identical circumstances to Chaneice last Wednesday, dealing at £9,660. No swap would have been offered in this situation because the lowest value left on the board was £7,500.

Will any of the remaining players in this series perhaps win big with one of the Power Five? Looking very unlikely, but there's still 4 more civilian episodes this week for someone to be the highest winner this series.

Based solely on the way the Banker has worked in the revival so far, its definitely the same methodology as the early episodes of Noel's "Deal" from 2005: the Banker is only calling at the agreed points in the game and also only provides financial offers. Any special twists like Swap or Banker's Gamble are probably going to start showing up in future series, if they are commissioned.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - SuperSajuuk - 12-12-2023

The £100k jackpot prize went all the way to the end of the game again, for the second game in a row. This time however, the £100k was not going to be won, because the contestant had a low blue in her box and only dealt one round too early (£30k, could've had £60k). It wouldn't have been won because the Banker is not offering swaps this series.

Interestingly, the same pattern from the Noel series for the £250k jackpot winners is repeating itself for the £100k in the revival: both players who had it in their box at the table had single digit numbers, and the box that went to the end in todays' episode was also a single digit number. There's now only three chances left for someone to be the jackpot winner, or to win one of the bigger sums of money (ie £50k or £75k).

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Brekkie - 12-12-2023

I would hope a second series invites the unused players back. Think they'll use Jamie to close the series considering they go to him most days for his read on the game. Probably Brian and Orla first.

RE: Deal Or No Deal - Jon - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 08:23 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I would hope a second series invites the unused players back. Think they'll use Jamie to close the series considering they go to him most days for his read on the game. Probably Brian and Orla first.
I can’t see why they wouldn’t re use any of the remaining players for the next run if they’re available.

Although I do wonder if some people were told they are just there to open a box and won’t be playing.

I think the casting for this run has been pretty spot on.