Pres Café
BBC Radio 1 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: BBC Radio 1 (/showthread.php?tid=211)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: BBC Radio 1 - London Lite - 01-08-2023

While I think suspending Arielle is the right thing to do, she shouldn't lose her gig on Radio 1 over it.

Some of you may remember BBC local radio presenter Paula White getting bladdered on her last weekday show on Radio Stoke. She was taken off-air for a few months, but was reinstated as a Sunday presenter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grfWEEPpHmQ 

RE: BBC Radio 1 - Robinho02 - 01-08-2023

What I haven’t seen noted anywhere is that Arielle was billed to present from 6pm. It was due to be Charlie, Jeremiah Asiamah and Arielle together linking around the DJ sets. In the end it was just Charlie and Jeremiah. So perhaps that is the bigger issue, and we don’t know what happened off air.

I don’t think Charlie handled it badly - I listened live and it sounded like a playful telling off at the time and banter. If she didn’t refer to it at all it would have sounded weird.

I think Arielle’s a bit of a rebel - apparently she’s missed a lot of early breakfast shows. I can’t really ever see her getting a bigger gig and wouldn’t be surprised if she goes at the end of her contract.

RE: BBC Radio 1 - Robinho02 - 01-08-2023

In other news, Jordan and Katie will be covering Breakfast all next week.

If I was to bet on who’d be the next Breakfast shows hosts it would be these two right now. Vick gave up Capital Breakfast because of the hours, so would she want to go back? If not that could leave the door open for Katie.

Or thinking outside the box, could you have Jordan on all week with Vick and Katie doing a job share? May suit both Vick and Katie with their other commitments, and Katie living in Manchester.

RE: BBC Radio 1 - London Lite - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 06:33 PM)Robinho02 Wrote:  I think Arielle’s a bit of a rebel - apparently she’s missed a lot of early breakfast shows. I can’t really ever see her getting a bigger gig and wouldn’t be surprised if she goes at the end of her contract.

I don't think being a Radio 1 presenter is the be and end all for some of these presenters including Arielle. She has other gigs including being a club DJ and freelance tv presenting gigs.

Charlie Hedges herself also does club nights, so if there's anything that Hedges and Free disagreed on it's because they work in the same industries, especially on the club side.

RE: BBC Radio 1 - TV Insider - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 06:47 PM)Robinho02 Wrote:  Vick gave up Capital Breakfast because of the hours, so would she want to go back?

She didn't leave because of the hours. Vick's name wasn't on the show. She was not on any of the advertising campaigns. Vick wasn't allowed to cover her own show when Roman was on I'm A Celeb. She wasn't allowed to do big interviews. Vick was an established presenter before the show but Capital sidelined her for three years then forced her out.

RE: BBC Radio 1 - Brekkie - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 06:47 PM)Robinho02 Wrote:  In other news, Jordan and Katie will be covering Breakfast all next week.

If I was to bet on who’d be the next Breakfast shows hosts it would be these two right now. Vick gave up Capital Breakfast because of the hours, so would she want to go back? If not that could leave the door open for Katie.

Or thinking outside the box, could you have Jordan on all week with Vick and Katie doing a job share? May suit both Vick and Katie with their other commitments, and Katie living in Manchester.
I thought Vick left due to not having equal billing with Roman.

Seems quite random with the duos and trios whether they have cover if one of them is off or fly solo.   Vick and Jordan seem to quite often host alone.

I do think daytime is quite strong now though.

RE: BBC Radio 1 - Steve in Pudsey - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 06:47 PM)Robinho02 Wrote:  Or thinking outside the box, could you have Jordan on all week with Vick and Katie doing a job share? May suit both Vick and Katie with their other commitments, and Katie living in Manchester.

I think the stunt the other week showed that these presenters can work quite well from different locations. There's no reason why Jordan couldn't be at NBH and Katie in Salford.

RE: BBC Radio 1 - Ash101 - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 07:18 PM)TV Insider Wrote:  She didn't leave because of the hours. Vick's name wasn't on the show. She was not on any of the advertising campaigns. Vick wasn't allowed to cover her own show when Roman was on I'm A Celeb. She wasn't allowed to do big interviews. Vick was an established presenter before the show but Capital sidelined her for three years then forced her out.

True but she has mentioned plenty of times on Radio 1 that she doesn’t want to do Breakfast because of the hours. When Jordan has mentioned it’s an ambition of his.

RE: BBC Radio 1 - NickyBoy - 05-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 06:07 PM)London Lite Wrote:  While I think suspending Arielle is the right thing to do, she shouldn't lose her gig on Radio 1 over it. 

Some of you may remember BBC local radio presenter Paula White getting bladdered on her last weekday show on Radio Stoke.  She was taken off-air for a few months, but was reinstated as a Sunday presenter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grfWEEPpHmQ 

Blimey, I've never heard the Paula White audio before. How did she last so long on air in that state? The plug should have been pulled after the first link.

RE: BBC Radio 1 - fanoftv - 05-08-2023

Neither have I, I’ve heard clips from the Chris Moyles Show, including the “We’re having a party” line. I love how she denied being drunk when a listener messaged in. I wonder if they had no one to fill in and had to wait for Den to get to studio.