Pres Café
BBC Radio 1 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: BBC Radio 1 (/showthread.php?tid=211)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: BBC Radio 1 - PATV Scunthorpe - 16-02-2024

Taking back my first line from earlier, it seems Jordan has been removed from the schedule, listing for the next two weeks are now simply a generic 'Going Home on Radio 1', with a plain BBC logo thumbnail. 4th March onwards is still listed as Vick & Jordan, though of course, that will change in due course.

RE: BBC Radio 1 - Andy - 16-02-2024

If he's been taken off the air immediately with schedules updated, then you can only really assume that he's going to a competitor.

Well done to him if that's the case. He's a good broadcaster.

RE: BBC Radio 1 - TVfan23 - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 03:42 PM)Andy Wrote:  If he's been taken off the air immediately with schedules updated, then you can only really assume that he's going to a competitor.

Well done to him if that's the case. He's a good broadcaster.

I don't usually take notice of what The Sun post, but they're reporting he's replacing Roman Kemp on Capital Breakfast.

RE: BBC Radio 1 - Spencer - 16-02-2024

If, heaven forbid, The Sun is wrong, could a move to Hits Radio be on the cards?

With Bauer about to roll out the Hits brand across a load of its old heritage stations, this could tie in quite nicely, giving them a much-needed big name, and providing a focus for the inevitable ad campaign.

RE: BBC Radio 1 - VMPhil - 16-02-2024

I’d be really surprised if they were sacking Roman Kemp

RE: BBC Radio 1 - Ash101 - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 04:23 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  I’d be really surprised if they were sacking Roman Kemp

There was another article in The Sun last October, I think, saying that Roman wanted to step down.

So I wonder if they asked him to stay on until they found a suitable replacement?

RE: BBC Radio 1 - Brekkie - 16-02-2024

That's a huge shock and a big blow to Radio 1 - think we were all of the same opinion of him being primed to succeed Greg James.

I'd rather Vick flied solo than hosted with Jamie Laing.

RE: BBC Radio 1 - iloveTV1 - 16-02-2024

The sources that be appear to think that Roman will announce he’s stepping down on Monday and then Jordan will be announced to be taking over.

RE: BBC Radio 1 - LargelyALurker - 16-02-2024

It’s a real shame he’s leaving at all, but especially so suddenly and without a final show etc. Others going to commercial radio have been allowed that (Ken Bruce and Simon Mayo recently, was Mistajam on R1?), so seems it hasn’t been on good terms.

He’d make a lot of sense for Hits, which has more presence in the north and would be a good name to associate with the rebrand of the local stations, but I guess he’s off to Capital.

RE: BBC Radio 1 - Ash101 - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 05:40 PM)LargelyALurker Wrote:  It’s a real shame he’s leaving at all, but especially so suddenly and without a final show etc. Others going to commercial radio have been allowed that (Ken Bruce and Simon Mayo recently, was Mistajam on R1?), so seems it hasn’t been on good terms.

He’d make a lot of sense for Hits, which has more presence in the north and would be a good name to associate with the rebrand of the local stations, but I guess he’s off to Capital.

I think it's probably the aftermath of people like Ken Bruce & Simon Mayo that has lead to this new approach.

Chris Evans had about 3 months between announcing & leaving... and he basically copied the same show over to Virgin.

Kind of see where the BBC may be coming from, but also..... in the world of social media, EVERYONE will find out where Jordan North ends up next. So it seems a bit petty to not allow him to wrap up a decade of being associated with Radio 1 on the air.