Pres Café
Programme/Movie Openers and Endboards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Programme/Movie Openers and Endboards (/showthread.php?tid=213)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Programme/Movie Openers and Endboards - Michael Kenchington - 09-11-2022

Hey nionlogos18, i just saw the 1998 Yorkshire endcap which is actually a modified 1996 one without both the "3"s in the background and the 1989 ITV logo which is taken from a Virgin Media Three (Ireland) airing of S1 E7 of Heartbeat, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0eZhISAfQ8 

RE: Programme/Movie Openers and Endboards - nwtv2003 - 09-11-2022

That version was the one Yorkshire introduced when Granada took over. My understanding is that Yorkshire ditched the C3 branding a few months before Tyne Tees ditched C3NE.

RE: Programme/Movie Openers and Endboards - JAS84 - 09-11-2022

That makes sense as Tyne Tees's new ident would've needed making from scratch, while Yorkshire just had the background changed and the Y-3-Y animation cut down to just the final spinning chevron.

RE: Programme/Movie Openers and Endboards - Michael Kenchington - 10-11-2022

I take it Yorkshire ditched the C3 branding in either January or February 1998?

RE: Programme/Movie Openers and Endboards - Spencer - 10-11-2022

(09-11-2022, 10:09 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  That makes sense as Tyne Tees's new ident would've needed making from scratch, while Yorkshire just had the background changed and the Y-3-Y animation cut down to just the final spinning chevron.

The Y-3-Y ident was very rarely used anyway. Most junctions had just the spinning chevron, even before the 3s were ditched.

RE: Programme/Movie Openers and Endboards - Michael Kenchington - 14-11-2022

(14-11-2022, 10:04 AM)Former Member 443 Wrote:  
(09-11-2022, 10:09 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  That makes sense as Tyne Tees's new ident would've needed making from scratch, while Yorkshire just had the background changed and the Y-3-Y animation cut down to just the final spinning chevron.

Whatever took two months to sort out with the Tyne Tees "rebrand", I'm not sure that ident will have taken that long!

Probably most of it was just waiting for the letterheaded paper to be printed...
So i take it Yorkshire ditched the Channel 3 branding on 26th January 1998, which was two months before Tyne Tees was reinstated on 9th March of that same year? Am i right?

RE: Programme/Movie Openers and Endboards - Si-Co - 14-11-2022

(14-11-2022, 04:36 PM)Former Member 443 Wrote:  
(14-11-2022, 12:25 PM)Michael Kenchington Wrote:  So i take it Yorkshire ditched the Channel 3 branding on 26th January 1998, which was two months before Tyne Tees was reinstated on 9th March of that same year? Am i right?
My recollection was the start of February but it was a long time ago now.

The first episode of Emmerdale to be produced with the new endcap was Tuesday 10th February 1998 - initially it did still state “for IT\*”; that didn’t change until Tuesday 6th October 1998, coinciding with the time ITV unveiled their new logo (though, as an aside, I believe the new logo took a while to be incorporated into the presentation of the various regions, and wasn’t routinely used on endcaps). 

Anyway, this implies a possible change to YTV’s presentation around 6th-9th February, though of course Emmerdale episodes could have been in the can with the “3s” endcap and not re-edited, or this may have even been covered up “live”.(I’m basing this info on the ITV3 repeat run). YTV were on the ball with the October change though, so the theory holds some water.

BTW, when did Granada take over YTV and TTT? Do any of the above dates coincide?

RE: Programme/Movie Openers and Endboards - Michael Kenchington - 14-11-2022

(14-11-2022, 06:51 PM)Si-Co Wrote:  
(14-11-2022, 04:36 PM)Former Member 443 Wrote:  My recollection was the start of February but it was a long time ago now.

The first episode of Emmerdale to be produced with the new endcap was Tuesday 10th February 1998 - initially it did still state “for IT\*”; that didn’t change until Tuesday 6th October 1998, coinciding with the time ITV unveiled their new logo (though, as an aside, I believe the new logo took a while to be incorporated into the presentation of the various regions, and wasn’t routinely used on endcaps). 

Anyway, this implies a possible change to YTV’s presentation around 6th-9th February, though of course Emmerdale episodes could have been in the can with the “3s” endcap and not re-edited, or this may have even been covered up “live”.(I’m basing this info on the ITV3 repeat run). YTV were on the ball with the October change though, so the theory holds some water.

BTW, when did Granada take over YTV and TTT? Do any of the above dates coincide?
I know the date that Granada took over Yorkshire-Tyne Tees. It was on 26 June 1997 IIRC.

harshy - harshy - 19-11-2022

They had the spinning chevron with the threes as well so the only revision YTV did was to remove the 3s and ditch the Y-3-Y ident.

RE: harshy - Michael Kenchington - 19-11-2022

(19-11-2022, 06:59 PM)harshy Wrote:  

They had the spinning chevron with the threes as well so the only revision YTV did was to remove the 3s and ditch the Y-3-Y ident.
Here's the clip of Yorkshire continuity from 1st February 1998 with the 1998 Yorkshire ident and break bumper which are actually modified versions of the 1996 ones, albeit without the 3s in the background, courtesy of Benriggers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ORcMtSK1ak