Pres Café
BBC TV Christmas 2022 Pres - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: BBC TV Christmas 2022 Pres (/showthread.php?tid=235)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - TesTVWhirl - 03-12-2022

To please those who think we have to be overly optimistic with every new bit of branding on this forum, the new BBC One idents are amazing works of art which have left me stunned beyond belief. Makes me think I'd gladly pay four hundred pounds for my licence fee for more of this sort of thing!

But... For everyone else, it's... Just okay! The ident package itself for BBC One is nice and sweet enough, but the overall feeling towards Christmas this year from the wider BBC seems to very muted. There hasn't yet felt like much pizzazz from them to kick off the season, the package was launched rather low keyly at gone 9pm on a Friday night, and even the media press release earlier in the day seemed a bit 'meh, here's our three idents, bye' rather than dripping in as much sickening marketing buzz and optimism. I don't know if the schedule being tied up with the World Cup this year has made a difference, or whether it's all being deliberately dialed back a bit due to people struggling with the cost of living crisis. But it feels like there's something not quite there this year!

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - SteveRW - 03-12-2022

(03-12-2022, 10:27 AM)TesTVWhirl Wrote:  To please those who think we have to be overly optimistic with every new bit of branding on this forum, the new BBC One idents are amazing works of art which have left me stunned beyond belief. Makes me think I'd gladly pay four hundred pounds for my licence fee for more of this sort of thing!

But... For everyone else, it's... Just okay! The ident package itself for BBC One is nice and sweet enough, but the overall feeling towards Christmas this year from the wider BBC seems to very muted. There hasn't yet felt like much pizzazz from them to kick off the season, the package was launched rather low keyly at gone 9pm on a Friday night, and even the media press release earlier in the day seemed a bit 'meh, here's our three idents, bye' rather than dripping in as much sickening marketing buzz and optimism. I don't know if the schedule being tied up with the World Cup this year has made a difference, or whether it's all being deliberately dialed back a bit due to people struggling with the cost of living crisis. But it feels like there's something not quite there this year!

A perfect spot on description. A 9pm launch seemed odd, and it did kind of feel that it was a case of "I suppose we should make an effort and do something" about it.

I agree, the idents are lovely to look at. But seem rather out of place on a channel that didn't even want to promote its own upcoming programmes. As a casual viewer, I don't care what's on iPlayer. I know that it will be full of shows that have appeared on the BBC's main channels. I want to get the buzz of seeing what BBC One has to offer. A big Christmas on BBC1 trailer as in previous years. However, there wasn't any of that. It all felt rushed yet at the same time muted. Almost as if they were saying "We haven't much to look at this Christmas, but as other channels have started Christmas, we'll do so too."

Christmas should have launched into Strictly. I have no idea why it didn't. The idents are indeed beautifully crafted. They look nice. They should have been utilised in a way that BBC One used them as backdrops to their endboards too as the snowing theme doesn't make much sense when idents are centred on a single thirty minute programme.

I was geared up for seeing the launch, but it was a warm launch, something shoved under the radar. There absolutely is something missing this year. Perhaps it's the World Cup, perhaps it's something else, but this wasn't the most exciting of Christmas Ident/BBC One launches.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - IanJRedman - 03-12-2022

I'm not sure if this will be an unpopular opinion, but one of my favourite BBC One Christmas packages was 2014. It had warmth, magic, a great soundtrack, and it wasn't tied to a specific programme. I think I just prefer Christmas 'scenes' which don't focus on people or characters.

This latest set is OK, beautifully animated, but it isn't particularly memorable and, dare I say, slightly dull.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - Blubatt - 03-12-2022

I quite like them. I don't think its the best ever BBC One Christmas ident package, but its certainly nice and inoffensive. The music is very calming, and I am a sucker for hand drawn animation. The only thing I can really say as critique is nothing to do with the ident itself, more the fact that the last 3 years worth of idents have tied in to the big kiddy christmas special that shows on BBC One, something I suspect will continue next year, and when the new Wallace and Gromit film comes out in 2024.

It would be nice to see an ident package just be a christmassy ident package, without tying into any show, but I imagine that's more to do with cost. Regardless, I like these.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - JMT1985 - 03-12-2022

Well we must be thankful that BBC One do regular new Christmas idents every year

BBC Two recycle their Christmas ones used for the last few years

ITV have totally destroyed their Christmas presentation, as in fact 2013 to 2018 were actually quite fine Christmas idents, and the ITV Creates ones were fairly decent. This new batch makes me feel the ITV1 of Christmas 2011

Channel 4 I guess will simply reuse their previous Christmas presentation just like Channel 5 have done

So, BBC One are really the only channel who attempts to provide proper, decent, well made Christmas idents.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - JAS84 - 03-12-2022

2012 to 2018. They had a good set in 2012 with a gold ITV1 logo, but the corporate logo change in 2013 obviously meant they were never reused. The ones used in 2013 were used until Creates started, meaning they were used for six years running.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - mdta - 03-12-2022

It's a shame they were not able to include the Lens element

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - iheartpresentation - 03-12-2022

I'm just upset that BBC Three seems to not have any Christmas presentation this year.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - BBCChameleonFan - 03-12-2022

(03-12-2022, 09:46 PM)iheartpresentation Wrote:  I'm just upset that BBC Three seems to not have any Christmas presentation this year.

Except in the promo endboards, at least from what I’ve seen.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - Whitters - 04-12-2022

I love these Christmas idents. Each with there own extra touches to them. I was listening to the news safe one and at first I didn't hear it but then I played it back and could hear the sound of an owl. Really nice extra touches they have done to them.