Pres Café
BBC TV Christmas 2022 Pres - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: BBC TV Christmas 2022 Pres (/showthread.php?tid=235)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - Andrew - 05-12-2022

I don’t mind the concept, I’m just not a fan of that rustic pencil lines style of animation. It’s not as soft and cute as it could be.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - Brekkie - 05-12-2022

They're nice, but that's about as much as I can say. Doesn't help it's for an unfamilar programme yet to air, though not the first time that has been the case.

I assume there are no new BBC2 ones this year as of yet. I like the set, and I like the idea of a recurring set of idents which can be added too, but I think once you get to about 5 years it's probably time to freshen them up completely, even if the regular ident set remains the same.

Not a fan at all though of the "Christmas on iPlayer" approach to promotion. They're BBC1 programming (though they've nicked Motherland and Two Doors Down off BBC2) and if you're watching them live on the iPlayer you have to do so through the BBC1 channel page anyway, so baffling to ignore the channel through which most will watch the content in your promotion of that content.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - steve - 05-12-2022

(05-12-2022, 02:01 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  They're nice, but that's about as much as I can say.  Doesn't help it's for an unfamilar programme yet to air, though not the first time that has been the case.
I was a bit surprise the first anno straight after Strictly didn't reference them. As in:

"The decorations are up and and I'd like to introduce you to The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse who will be with us in the build up to the big day when you'll be able to watch them here on BBC One."

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - Yorksman - 05-12-2022

The ident are okay but nothing special.

However, I like the news safe ident and a question when did they start introducing news safe idents at Christmas (obviously after 2004 as the Boxing Day Tsunami news was introduced by children on bouncy puddings)

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - Argyess - 05-12-2022

(05-12-2022, 03:55 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  The ident are okay but nothing special.

However, I like the news safe ident and a question when did they start introducing news safe idents at Christmas (obviously after 2004 as the Boxing Day Tsunami news was introduced by children on bouncy puddings)

The first stand alone news safe ident, by which I mean one which wasn't simply a short edit of the main one, was 2008 (the year they were Wallace and Gromit themed).

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - Robert Williams - 05-12-2022

(05-12-2022, 04:18 PM)Argyess Wrote:  
(05-12-2022, 03:55 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  The ident are okay but nothing special.

The first stand alone news safe ident, by which I mean one which wasn't simply a short edit of the main one, was 2008 (the year they were Wallace and Gromit themed).

There are earlier examples - for example, 1996's circus ident had a version without the characters:

[Image: BBC1Xmas96a.jpg]
[Image: BBC1Xmas96b.jpg]

My recording of the second ident is of a link into Newsroom South East - I'm not sure if it was used into the national news as well or if the clock was still used over the three days.

(The absence of the BBC logo in the first image I think was a one-off omission, as the logo was added live in those days).

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - Argyess - 05-12-2022

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that one!

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - Michael Kenchington - 05-12-2022

The BBC logo which is in the BBC1 1996 Christmas ident is the slanted and underlined one which was designed by Michael Peters and was introduced in 1986 IIRC.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - SteveRW - 06-12-2022

(05-12-2022, 02:01 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  They're nice, but that's about as much as I can say.  Doesn't help it's for an unfamilar programme yet to air, though not the first time that has been the case.

I assume there are no new BBC2 ones this year as of yet.  I like the set, and I like the idea of a recurring set of idents which can be added too, but I think once you get to about 5 years it's probably time to freshen them up completely, even if the regular ident set remains the same.

Not a fan at all though of the "Christmas on iPlayer" approach to promotion.  They're BBC1 programming (though they've nicked Motherland and Two Doors Down off BBC2) and if you're watching them live on the iPlayer you have to do so through the BBC1 channel page anyway, so baffling to ignore the channel through which most will watch the content in your promotion of that content.

Absolutely agree with you, 100%. This half arsed approach from BBC1 makes you wonder why they bothered launch their idents.

No "Christmas on BBC1" trails and two thirds of end boards don't even have the snow effect. I don't like the BBC iPlayer Christmas trails because they're pointless unless the BBC actually want us to stop watching their linear trails. It all feels very un-festive this year.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - scottishtv - 06-12-2022

I like the idents. Even if you don't know about the animated film, they work alone as they look a bit like the sort of thing you'd see on a Christmas card. They've piqued my interest in the film though, which I will probably now watch.

The accompanying music is lovely and rather relaxing.

A good effort, certainly compared to some of the 'concepts' tried out in years gone by.