Pres Café
BBC TV Christmas 2022 Pres - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: BBC TV Christmas 2022 Pres (/showthread.php?tid=235)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - thegeek - 30-11-2022

There's a notable lack of Disney films, after a few years of one pretty much every day in the festive period. The only one I can see on BBC One and Two's schedules so far is Edward Scissorhands on the 23rd, though I'm not yet giving up on my prediction that Frozen II will follow The King on Christmas Day.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - SteveRW - 30-11-2022

(30-11-2022, 12:46 PM)thegeek Wrote:  There's a notable lack of Disney films, after a few years of one pretty much every day in the festive period. The only one I can see on BBC One and Two's schedules so far is Edward Scissorhands on the 23rd, though I'm not yet giving up on my prediction that Frozen II will follow The King on Christmas Day.

There is Beauty and the Beast and The Jungle Book in the week leading up to Christmas. Both on BBC One. The previous week was football dominated which explains a lack of films.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - thegeek - 30-11-2022

Good spot. It's certainly not anywhere near as many as recent years, which makes me think we're on to a new rights deal.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - mrarg1393 - 30-11-2022

(30-11-2022, 12:46 PM)thegeek Wrote:  There's a notable lack of Disney films, after a few years of one pretty much every day in the festive period. The only one I can see on BBC One and Two's schedules so far is Edward Scissorhands on the 23rd, though I'm not yet giving up on my prediction that Frozen II will follow The King on Christmas Day.
My guess is it’s to do with rights. Since Disney+ launched in the UK hardly any of their films now show on terrestrial tv. To be fair, the majority of households who have kids will most likely have Disney+ anyway so it’s probably why they’re not bothering with too many films on the main channels this year.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - tellyblues - 30-11-2022

It's a pity that films aren't as impactful as they used to be as Christmas "specials" of shows such as Would I Lie To You and Great British Sewing Bee is taking the mick.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - Moz - 30-11-2022

Thank GOD for that! Hate everything about Disney.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - SteveRW - 30-11-2022

(30-11-2022, 06:34 PM)Moz Wrote:  

Thank GOD for that! Hate everything about Disney.

Me too. When I was a kid it was a treat to watch a Disney film. Now the saccharine enriched claptrap grates on me like nails being dragged down a blackboard.

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - Andrew Wood - 30-11-2022

BBC Alba has brought out the horse again...

https://theident.gallery/bbcalba-2021-xmas.php 

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - Transmission - 01-12-2022

There's a fair bit of Disney and Pixar in the Christmas/New Year week but I'm fairly sure the only premiere is on Christmas Day, following the King (and it's not Frozen II - well, at least not as it stands but these Christmas week schedules tend to change a lot before the final published version!).

RE: BBC TV Christmas 2022 - SteveRW - 01-12-2022

(01-12-2022, 01:07 AM)Transmission Wrote:  

There's a fair bit of Disney and Pixar in the Christmas/New Year week but I'm fairly sure the only premiere is on Christmas Day, following the King (and it's not Frozen II - well, at least not as it stands but these Christmas week schedules tend to change a lot before the final published version!).

According to Digiguide, BBC One has "THE NUTCRACKER AND THE FOUR REALMS" Premiering on Christmas Eve at 5.30pm and "ALADDIN" premiering on Christmas Day.  Neither are animated which is a good thing!