Pres Café
French TV - News Discussion - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: French TV - News Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=236)

RE: French TV - News Discussion - Roger Darthwell - 21-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 11:05 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Franceinfo soon recovered, even during the radio simulcast show Les informés, they utilised both radio and tv journalists on the scene and had experts in the studio including a firefighter.

Now that's how you do radio on tv and not the bodge job with Nicky Campbell on BBC News.

I am really interested to know how France Info manages to make these TV/Radio simulcasts such a success

RE: French TV - News Discussion - matthieu1221 - 22-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 06:06 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  BFMTV has been doing a great job. They had cameras on the scene in minutes and they used multiple angles and they used the sky cams to give an skyline perspective. BFMTV does a great job of coveraing french stories. And they are good at getting to scenes very quickly. Also because they have multiple regional 24hr news channels they can utilize those resources within minutes. BFMTV Paris also did their own separate coverage from a local level. Which is absolutely amazing they didnt turn their signal over to the mothership.  They continued to provide the citizens of Paris their own coverage. Thats how it should be done. Of course they shared live images from the scene between both channels. But they also had their own BFMTV Paris reporters live on the scene.  Though they did take advert breaks. (Gotta make the money to make the channel profitable, speaking of adverts. Unlike the failed UK local channel experiment. These BFMTV channels actually had real paying adverts, from actual companies and national advertisers) They restarted right at the top of the hour.  Great coverage from both BFMTV National and BFMTV Paris

Also I noticed, the french police, fire and municipal authorities made sure they updated the public regularly on the latest of the situation LIVE and on camera. Instead of  waiting hours before saying anything.

BFM Paris simulcasted BFMTV briefly for about 20 minutes before starting their on coverage (at the usual time their in-vision evening slot usually starts). I do wonder how breaking news is handled given how the regional channels all use what they like to call 'presentation autonome' in which the presenter does a lot of the work the gallery usually would do. Works fine when it's more or less scripted, but with breaking news I really do wonder how they manage it.

LCI also had good coverage, taking a break from Ukraine briefly.

(21-06-2023, 11:11 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  I am really interested to know how France Info manages to make these TV/Radio simulcasts such a success

Funnily enough, the local audiovisual/TV pres fans in France wouldn't consider the current state of TV/radio simulcasts on franceinfo in their current state a success at all after they've been continually scaled down. There is allegedly some friction between TV and radio which has led to a downscaling of simulcasts and joint coverage.

RE: French TV - News Discussion - London Lite - 22-06-2023

(22-06-2023, 12:28 AM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  BFM Paris simulcasted BFMTV briefly for about 20 minutes before starting their on coverage (at the usual time their in-vision evening slot usually starts). I do wonder how breaking news is handled given how the regional channels all use what they like to call 'presentation autonome' in which the presenter does a lot of the work the gallery usually would do. Works fine when it's more or less scripted, but with breaking news I really do wonder how they manage it.

LCI also had good coverage, taking a break from Ukraine briefly.

Funnily enough, the local audiovisual/TV pres fans in France wouldn't consider the current state of TV/radio simulcasts on franceinfo in their current state a success at all after they've been continually scaled down. There is allegedly some friction between TV and radio which has led to a downscaling of simulcasts and joint coverage.

I remember when Radio would provide news headlines at x10, x20, x40 and x50 during tv bulletins. These now only happen during full radio simulcast shows such as the 8.30 interview and Les informés.

I think it was you that mentioned that there are plans for Franceinfo TV to simulcast the morning radio show from 5h-7h later this year leaving the tv edition of the morning show from 7h-8h30 (or 8h33 to be exact!)

The French pres enthuasists clearly have higher standards than us!

RE: French TV - News Discussion - matthieu1221 - 22-06-2023

Forgot to post this earlier but -- Aurélie Casse will be leaving BFMTV to replace Ali Baddou on C l’hebdo on France 5. That's in addition to Jean Baptiste Boursier who's leaving BFMTV for LCI's breakfast show. So that's the 90 Minutes weekdays slot, BFM Story Friday slot, BFMTVSD weekend evenings slot, A l'Epreuve des Faits and BFM Politique slots at Sat/Sun 1pm which need to be filled.
https://www.telerama.fr/ecrans/aurelie-casse-succede-a-ali-baddou-a-c-l-hebdo-et-tout-ce-qui-bouge-a-la-television-pour-la-rentree-3558-7016047.php 

RE: French TV - News Discussion - matthieu1221 - 24-06-2023

Ruth Elkrief seems to be dropping her 20h/22h show which she co-hosts with Julien Arnaud and replaces Jean-Michel Apathie in 24h Pujadas who is leaving for Quotidien

https://twitter.com/nmalaboeuf/status/1672309591692943371?s=46&t=PkNuVZSZXeowqfuqTAeHRw 

RE: French TV - News Discussion - matthieu1221 - 24-06-2023

Over at BFMTV, Benjamin Duhamel will replace Jean-Baptiste Boursier on BFM Politique and BFMTVSD on Sundays only.

Pascale de la Tour du Pin's Déj Info will be extended to end at 3pm rather than 2pm. L’aprèm info with Karine de Ménonville & François Gapihan (the last trace of the mythical dual anchored Non Stop slots which used to be *the* iconic BFMTV show) will be replaced by a new show hosted by Pauline Simonet (ex-US correspondent who had since joined the 22h Max team).

https://www.leparisien.fr/culture-loisirs/tv/bfmtv-benjamin-duhamel-recupere-linterview-politique-du-dimanche-24-06-2023-LTXFD6LSJ5GC3PKX5YPCV5MYDE.php 

RE: French TV - News Discussion - London Lite - 24-06-2023

RTBF, TV5MONDE and regional Belgium channel weather forecaster Carol Zanin is joining CNEWS over the summer.

https://www.sudinfo.be/id679104/article/2023-06-21/de-la-meteo-locale-la-francaise-la-liegeoise-carol-zanin-debarque-sur-c8-et 

RE: French TV - News Discussion - London Lite - 24-06-2023

Franceinfo are back in the virtual studio this weekend, complete with the breaking news backdrop and new chairs.

[Image: Le%2023h%202023_06_24_21_59_00_ts_snapsh...13_196.jpg]
[Image: Le%2023h%202023_06_24_21_59_00_ts_snapsh...16_779.jpg]

RE: French TV - News Discussion - matthieu1221 - 26-06-2023

Saturday's news channel ratings (Wagner Putsch):
BFMTV 5.2%
LCI 4.9% (historic high)
CNEWS 2.0%
franceinfo 1.2%

An update from the media Mercato. Sonia Chironi is likely to replace Alexandra Uzan on franceinfo's 23h. The 23h replaced France 3's Soir 3. Sonia Chironi used to work for iTele before the channel took a turn to the right and far right to become CNEWS though her last news channel appearance was on LCI where she co-hosted a weekly magazine show.
https://www.ozap.com/actu/sonia-chironi-rejoint-la-chaine-franceinfo-et-est-pressentie-pour-la-tranche-de-23h/633643 

RE: French TV - News Discussion - London Lite - 26-06-2023

First of all, I think the theme with breaking news is the same in France as it is in the UK. When there's a major story, viewers will go to the long established news channels, so you see BFMTV leading, followed by an astonishing share for LCI where going 100% Ukraine has benefitted them to the point that viewers will tune in for analysis of the attempted coup in Russia on Saturday.

As for Franceinfo, I noticed the rumour is Jean-Baptiste Marteau will get the morning show or is at least the favourite to get that shift, he recently covered for Samuel before he left and was really good. He gelled with the existing morning team well, especially bulletin reader Zohra Ben Miloud who only joined earlier this year and appears to be covering for Samuel until the end of the season.