Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - cable - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 07:10 PM)Liam Wrote:  
(15-11-2022, 07:03 PM)LoganStuff Wrote:  [Image: vlcsnap-2022-11-15-18h00m31s955.png]

This menu looks quite nice, I assume the other channels have their own version of this too?

Come on this looks pretty dreadful imo… in motion the rebrand is adorable! But these static slides looked knocked up to me. The ease at which menus, idents & slides moved in/out with the 2013 rebrand is sorely missed
It is OK... This makes sense if you are streaming on a smaller screen e.g. mobile phone as it would be easy to read.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - davidmarper2010 - 15-11-2022

I think things will become alot more fluid once ITVX launches. The way the '1' moves across the screen is very similar to the way the x of itvx moves in the promo clips, so I can imagine these flowing quiteote nicely in trails between ITV1, and ITVX, or other cross channel promotions

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Pip - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 07:10 PM)Liam Wrote:  
(15-11-2022, 07:03 PM)LoganStuff Wrote:  [Image: vlcsnap-2022-11-15-18h00m31s955.png]

This menu looks quite nice, I assume the other channels have their own version of this too?

Come on this looks pretty dreadful imo… in motion the rebrand is adorable! But these static slides looked knocked up to me. The ease at which menus, idents & slides moved in/out with the 2013 rebrand is sorely missed
This reminds me of when someone would send you a PowerPoint without embedding the fonts and your PC would substitute them with something really basic. In my opinion… this does not look good. At all.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Moz - 15-11-2022

Just what have they done? It’s awful. All of it.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - BlueFrog - 15-11-2022

ITV1.

Personal opinion here, I like the branding. The concept of the main ident-settings being shared around with the 5 channels but with a different approach for every one to fit their targeted demographic I think is just perfect. I do argue that ITV1's train-station ident would be better suited for ITV2, but alas it's suited for ITV1 and I think with a few rectifies, it'll work. We do need a fun ident in some form, after all. I didn't expect it to link into Good Morning Britain though! O_O

I'm a bit mixed on ITV4's idents. Particularly the UFO one, whilst it has its fair share of fun and joy and I do think it's a good ident, I don't think it really *fits* for ITV4. A channel dedicated to sport, cult classics and dramas and action, and it's pumping out idents like these.

I'd argue that Cityscape is one of the most beautiful idents I've seen in a while. Whilst nothing much happens and there isn't much motion, seeing the cityscape as a whole with the accompanying background music just creates a great final picture. It's a fairly-good sombre ident as well, and it works well linking into more serious programming and the news, and the more grim episodes of Emmerdale. It's also got that cozy warm feeling, imagine yourself on a rainy night staying indoors and hearing the thunder, whilst your watching the telly and the ident comes on. It's very relaxing and calming and is my personal favourite from the batch.

I do wish they could've at least done something for CITV. The identity *could* work for them, but if they made it a different approach to fit in with their target demographic, which is mainly children. Something hip and caught on the latest trends, make the dull-and-boring fun-and-exciting (although if they're gonna be showing the King's funeral I'd beg to differ). If they're going to be doing this later on they better change that logo.

My only main criticism is the font of the numbers. They just look dull and tacky and certainly not something I'd expect to see for not JUST ITV1, but every single other channel in the ITV brand. Being so used to them as-well, it's gonna take me a while to get used to ITV1 in the corner, and not seeing the round and bold 2 in the corner when Family Guy's on. But I probably won't care in like a week anyway.

Alas while it may have its issues, and it may not be the best branding in the world, this ITV refresh I see potential, and I hope to see more come as time goes by.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - chris - 15-11-2022

I’m not convinced about the same idents across the channels - I wonder how many people truly watch multiple ITV channels and spot the theme? It seems unlikely the ITV3 audience is regularly hopping to Be.

I agree with most - it’s all a bit dull. Fundamentally a logo slapped onto some mundane scenes. ITV3’s is the classiest, though always has been since its launch.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - BlueFrog - 15-11-2022

A 'Love Island Australia' promo for ITVBe has just went on air as we speak.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Andrew - 15-11-2022

The lack of any mention of ITV Hub stands out at the moment, and of course it’s for obvious reasons

They are surely going to run out of trailers if advertising old stuff on the ITV Hub is paused until ITVX launches. That Britain Get Talking advert will get even more outings.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Clean Feed - 15-11-2022

Contrary to what was posted earlier in this thread, the ITV 1 programme menu aired just before 6pm did animate:

https://twitter.com/cleanfeed_ttvr/status/1592599272343875584 

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Former Member 406 - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 07:13 PM)Gavin25 Wrote:  [align=left]Here is UTV's Version of the ITV1 Local News 6pm weekday handover
The announcer is UTV live newsreader Katie Andrews  [color=#0f0f0f][size=1][font='YouTube Sans', Roboto, sans-serif]Lo
cal News 6pm weekday Handover[/font][/size][/color] [color=#0f0f0f][size=1][font='YouTube Sans', Roboto, sans-serif]Local News 6pm weekday Handover[/font][/size][/color] [color=#0f0f0f][size=1][font='YouTube Sans', Roboto, sans-serif]Local News 6pm weekday Ha [/font][/size][/color][/align]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YpaIv1SFqs&ab_channel=GavinMartin 
So, the hotchpotch of having the "UTV" name still being used for certain things on a predominantly "ITV(1)"-identified channel *still* continues. I just rolled my eyes so hard, I saw my brain.

I can just about tolerate "UTV" still being used for certain *programmes* (for now) but if local trailers continue to use UTV endboards in what is now a two-revamps-outdated style (or even "UTV"-branded ones especially created in the new ITV1 style), then the optimum opportunity to tidy up the ITV(1)/UTV mess has been truly squandered.

UTV Live getting renamed as part of the spring 2023 ITV News refresh would be a logical next step, in my humble opinion.