Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - KOWT76 - 15-11-2022

The rebrand is awful, I really haven’t got anything positive to say about it. Massive step backwards.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - rick - 15-11-2022

I think if they changed the name and logo on EPGs, next to no-one would either notice or care. It may get a mention on some local media outlets if they wanted to make a thing of it, but I would say the absolute vast majority of people wouldn't give two iotas, as long as the local news was still at 6pm and the soaps stayed in their timeslots. I think ITV are just making it worse for themselves by keeping it around. Rip the band-aid off and just be done with it. Today would have been the perfect time to do it. I'm actually astonished they didn't.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - LoganStuff - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 08:26 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  Contrary to what was posted earlier in this thread, the ITV 1 programme menu aired just before 6pm did animate:

https://twitter.com/cleanfeed_ttvr/status/1592599272343875584 

I don't know if you read what I said, but it did animate.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Zaccy_Dee - 15-11-2022

I honestly think the new presentation is good. It works. However, excluding ITV2 and Be, the sets that came before were just better, I think more effort was put into those than the new ones. I believe the surrounding graphics could be better, but I quite like it.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - all new phil - 15-11-2022

Worth noting we’re only seeing half of the rebrand so far. I expect ITVX to feature heavily within on screen pres when it launches.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Larry the Loafer - 15-11-2022

I've only paid attention to ITV 1, but if my two cents count for anything, the idents are a bit cack. They're not as bad as some that we've seen in recent years (naming no names) but I'd say we're only talking a notch or two above. They're not particularly pleasing to the eye, nor expressive about what kind of brand ITV is.

The surrounding presentation, however, feels unusually fresh despite it not being particularly groundbreaking or eye-catching. Maybe the tiles had gotten more stale than I thought.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - SCBNI - 15-11-2022

Local trailer for Secrets of the Comedy Circuit has just aired on UTV during the ad break of I’m A Celebrity. It was in the new style with a rather large UTV logo instead of an ITV1 logo and was still referred to as ‘on UTV’.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Juicy Joe - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 09:20 PM)orange Wrote:  I don’t think many of the elements of the rebrand are going to last very long.
How long would you give it?

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Josh - 15-11-2022

It's not even been a full day and I can't help but be sick of that Britain Get Talking promo. We're now in an empty void where ITV Hub is not being promoted and ITVX doesn't exist, so can't be promoted.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Brekkie - 15-11-2022

The idents are dull - taking what should be an interesting concept but not doing enough with it to make it work. The surrounding presentation is nice enough but feels quite generic.

It's the ITV1 I don't get. The new branding is clearly about putting the numeral at the centre of things, but on the main channel ITV really should be the hero of the brand and I think that could have been achieved with this look, making the ITV logo animate and grab the attention rather than adding a "1" to take attention away from that, then letting the numeral (and X) do the work on the other channels.